Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine...

Discus and support Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Country: U.S.A State: Maryville, TN Modem/Router: I have no idea. I'm on a college campus and do not have access to either. Error code: 80151904... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xLEO725x, Apr 30, 2014.

1. xLEO725x
    xLEO725x Guest

State: Maryville, TN

Modem/Router: I have no idea. I'm on a college campus and do not have access to either.

Error code: 80151904

ISP: Charter

Direct connected.

I don't know why I'm having trouble with the 360. The Xbox Live status alert seems to pertain only to specific games rather than the entire service. Like the subject states, my Xbox One is experiencing no problems with Xbox Live. I can play online, play
    with friends, etc. I know living on a college campus means the bandwidth is going to be used up during peak hours. However, I'm posting this at 5 a.m. EST, so it is unlikely that many people on my campus are online. Even if they were, that still wouldn't explain
    why the Xbox One works. I know a nasty storm cell just passed over the southern states, which is where I live, and that is when I started experiencing problems. But, correlation does not imply causation. Any help would be appreciated. If it's an issue on Xbox's
    side, then I'll be patient (not much choice anyway), but I would like to discern whether or not it's a problem on my side or their side.

:)

xLEO725x, Apr 30, 2014
  2. The BMF
    The BMF Guest
    Can't connect to 360

Update, have tried hard reset, uninstalling all 360 games, removing gamer profile, and now even reverting to factory settings but nothing is working. Xbox one works just fine but 360 games won't connect to internet or xbox live.

The BMF, Apr 30, 2014
  3. The BMF
    The BMF Guest
    Can't connect to 360

My Xbox live works fine on the Xbox One but when I try to play a backwards compatibility game it won't connect to xbox live which means I can't access the cloud for saved games. I actually have two Xbox One's and I only have this problem on one of them.
    The other still connects to live just fine with box One and 360.

The BMF, Apr 30, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine...

could you run a live Connection test on your 360 and check which Kind of error it Shows?

like mtu error, icmp error, ip address error or similar?

StefanNeubauer, May 1, 2014
  5. manually assigning dns entries could solve it, set primary to 8.8.8.8 for example, this is a public dns server (well, belongs to google, but thats as much as a 100% uptime guarantee as possible)

StefanNeubauer, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: