Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver won't wor

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver won't wor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I just got a wireless receiver so I can use my Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC, and I have run into issues. An installation disk came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Dark Storm5, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver won't wor

Today I just got a wireless receiver so I can use my Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC, and I have run into issues. An installation disk came with the accessory, however when I put it in and attempted to run the setup on it, I get an error message
    that said "This program is blocked due to compatibility issues". So I Googled this problem to try and find a solution. Eventually, I found a solution (and in many other places later on) which had me install the drivers from the Microsoft website, and then
    go to device manager, find the unidentified device, go to properties, then driver, update driver, browse computer, let me pick, Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class, Xbox wireless receiver, yes for warning, and then it should work just fine. This
    fix hasn't worked for me. I've uninstalled and re-installed the device and drivers, and I've Googled up all sorts of questions and problems similar to mine to try and fix this but absolutely nothing has worked. Currently, when I try to connect my controller
    to the receiver, the green lights circle on the controller, and the receiver flashes, but the controller just reverts back to flashing and the receiver stops flashing after about 10 seconds. I really don't know what to do from here, and some help would be
    greatly appreciated.

:)

The Dark Storm5, Jan 7, 2014
  2. Mr MB Nobody
    Mr MB Nobody Guest
    Mr MB Nobody, Jan 7, 2014
  3. VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 7, 2014
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not syncing to pc

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless protocol is not Bluetooth. This is why your 360 controller won't sync to your wireless receiver. PlayStation Dual Shock uses BT, the 360 does not. Only the Xbox One X controller can be connected via Bluetooth.

If you want to use a wireless 360 controller you will need to buy the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. Don't buy the Xbox One receiver as it does not support 360 controllers either.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Is there a drivers download for wireless Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10

Hi,

There aren't any drivers to download for Windows 10 as the drivers for Xbox 360 controllers are already built into the OS.

The Xbox 360 controller uses its own type of wireless protocol, it's not Bluetooth and so it can't be connected to a PC directly without additional hardware. It needs an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for use on a PC. This receiver needs to be specifically for Xbox 360 controllers. The receivers for the Xbox One controllers won't work either.
  7. ArminatorX Win User

wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

and what does the connect button do on controller?
    The connect button starts the pairing process with a Xbox 360 console or the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless protocol, and NOT Bluetooth. So the standard wireless devices in your computer can't work with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

You absolutely definitely need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows if you wish to use your Xbox 360 controller on your PC.

Make sure you do NOT get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox One controllers, as they won't work with Xbox 360 controllers.

Also if you try to use a Play & Charge USB cable on your Xbox 360 controller, this will also not work, as the Play & Charge cable ONLY carries power, but does NOT transmit controller data.

So if you don't want to buy a wireless receiver, your only options are to buy a dedicated wired Xbox 360 controller (that has a non-removable USB cord attached), or get a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth functionality.
  8. HassanB Win User

Xbox 360 controller and PC

Hello,

Sorry the Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't work with the play and charge kit wire if that's what you're trying to use. The play and charge wire is only used for charging not for sending data back and forth.

If you wish to use the wireless Xbox 360 controller with the PC you'll need to get a wireless receiver like the one
    shown here. You'd honestly be better off getting a Xbox
    360 wired controller and just plug that right in with USB.
Thema:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver won't wor

1. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver won't wor - Similar Threads - 360 Wireless Gaming

2. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  3. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  4. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  5. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  6. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  7. no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console

in XboX Networking Hardware
    no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console: no connection..verizon wireless hotspot to xbox live from an xbox 360 game console Hi daniellecauvin, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with your connection to a...
  8. I can't connect to xbox live from a 360 game whit wireless network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to xbox live from a 360 game whit wireless network: Hi there! I have a issue with the backward compatibility: when I start an 360 game on my one connected to a wireless network, that game doesn't connect to xbox live, so I'm forced to connect my...
  9. The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The difference between 360 laptop wireless controller and 360 game wireless controller.: I bought a 360 laptop wireless controller thinking it was a 360 game wireless controller and I am unable to connect to my xbox unit. Is there a way to get around it....
  10. Wireless XBOX 360 controller won't work only in an online game (PC Win10 system)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless XBOX 360 controller won't work only in an online game (PC Win10 system): Hello. My Wireless XBOX 360 controller will not work for example in NBA2K16 - it works only on a local game, but when I play with someone online, only the wired XBOX 360 controller works. It's...