Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old)

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I've had this controller for two weeks and its right analogue stick started squeaking VERY loudly. To the point of not being able to immerse... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MorgothBauglir89898989, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old)

Hello

I've had this controller for two weeks and its right analogue stick started squeaking VERY loudly. To the point of not being able to immerse myself into the game. It sounds like a dying mouse, or a squeaky door. Very distracting, as you can imagine.

I've talked to the people in the store I bought it from, and they told me to take it back for checking and that they will then send it back to the company. Now, as I have bought this online, and the shop is not really accessible from where I live, can I
    just send it to the company myself? I still have the receipt somewhere.

It's a shame because I otherwise really like the feel of the xbox 360 controller. (I use it on my PC) I bought a new one for now, but I'm curious to see if the company will do anything for a faulty product. I live in Greece and there doesn't seem to be
    any returns section on the Greek version of the microsoft site.

Thanks for reading Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old) :)

:)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Mar 28, 2016
  2. BluntShade
    BluntShade Guest
    Left analog stick

Hi,

I've only been playing on an Xbox for not even a month, and I'm already getting frustrated.

Firstly, I purchased the 20GB preowned Xbox 360 and got the red ring of death after about 1 week, but the store replaced it. However, the old Xbox is just really noisy so I decided to buy a new 4Gb Xbox 360 which I have now.

However, I have a problem with the controller. When I press the left stick down, it does the same as what pressing the right stick down does.

For example in Call of Duty MW3, pressing the left analogue stick allows you to sprint where as the right analogue stick allows you to knife.

However, with the new black controller that came with my new xbox, pressing the left analogue stick knifes, and so does pressing the right analogue stick. I tried the controller with another console and the same story. So basically, I cannot sprint in game
    with my new controller. I tried hooking up my old white controller to my new xbox and it worked fine.

I hope you can understand my frustration of having to go back to a store etc. I'm going backwards and forwards here.

What shall I do?

Many thanks,

- John.

BluntShade, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Medza
    Medza Guest
    An Insider's Look at the Xbox One Controller

I think that the controller is definitely one of the strongest features of the Xbox One, and they really have outdone themselves this time round. The 360 pad was a big improvement over the old Xbox controller, but this is just raising the bar so much higher. All the previous problems with the analogue sticks and the D pad seem to be gone, and I really look forward to getting the controller for my PC when it comes out next year.

Medza, Mar 28, 2016
  4. alexburns
    alexburns Guest

Hi nOne987856, if you still have the receipt you should really send it back to the company you bought it from, send it through the post make sure you send it signed for delivery, so you have proof you sent it back to them. As it's only 2 weeks
    old it should be under warranty so they should repair or replace.

alexburns, Apr 1, 2016
  5. I did return it to the store in the end and they gave me a new one Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old) :)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Apr 7, 2016
  6. Ice DjKilla
    Ice DjKilla Guest
    Happy that RaPiD's suggestion worked for you nOne!

Remember, usually accessories carry a 90 day warranty.

Ice DjKilla, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Ice DjKilla Win User

Happy that RaPiD's suggestion worked for you nOne!

Remember, usually accessories carry a 90 day warranty.
  8. MorgothBauglir898989 Win User

I did return it to the store in the end and they gave me a new one :)
  9. alexburns Win User

Hi nOne987856, if you still have the receipt you should really send it back to the company you bought it from, send it through the post make sure you send it signed for delivery, so you have proof you sent it back to them. As it's only 2 weeks
    old it should be under warranty so they should repair or replace.
  10. Widget1979 Win User

KILLER INSTINCT Definitive Edition - Does not recognize buttons

Hey Jedi,

Have you gone into the button/controller configuration to see if maybe your right analogue stick is enabled to use commands? I think in this game, the right analogue stick can also be used to trigger commands, so maybe go in and disable right analogue stick
    in the button configuration. Hope you get it sorted mate.
  11. Malesoun Win User

Anyone else have this issue?

No, but I use an arcade stick. How old are your controllers? Sounds like your analogue sticks are not centering when left alone.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wireless controller's right analogue stick squeaks (2 weeks old) - Similar Threads - 360 wireless controller's

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?: Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing? 7b397491-e30d-4567-8357-93ec8f879e2c
  7. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  8. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  9. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...