Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

Discus and support Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justus Winkler1, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird.

When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game controllers". But when I turn off the controller and then turn it back on, it still connects to the wireless dongle and still is detected by some applications, but it's not detected by windows and doesn't show up under "game controllers". To fix this I simply have to unplug the wireless dongle and plug it back in. Then the controller will be detected by windows and shows up again.
    As I said a minor problem but still a little inconvenient.

Some info:

- I'm using windows 11 home

- the controller and the dongle are originals from microsoft

- the dongle and the controllers reconnect just fine when using it on my laptop (intel platform) -> the problem isn't the controller or the dongle

- I recently upgraded to an AMD platform (MSI B550-A Pro + Ryzen 5 5600x). On my old PC (Intel Platform) the controllers were reconnecting just fine

- I've reinstalled windows completely but it didn't fix the issue

- apart from the weird reconnecting issue everything (including the controller) works fine

- when I enabled "hidden devices" in the device manager I saw, that everytime the controller reconnects (by unplugging and replugging the dongle), it creates a new instance of "gamecontroller" under HID device category. It doesn't do that on my laptop

-after un- and replugging the dongle, the detection of the controller actually works for a few seconds. So if I shut it off, and turn it on quickly it will actually detect the controller under "game controllers" this works only within the first few seconds after plugging the dongle in

I assume this might be a bug related to the AMD chipset driver in combination with the xbox 360 wireless controller driver, but that's just a guess

Maybe some of your tech people could look into it and fix the issue.
    Or If you got some idea how I could fix this myself, I would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Justus Winkler1, Feb 13, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it