Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10

Discus and support Xbox 360 wired controller with windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; HI. so i just bought this xbox 360 wired controller and when i plug it, nothing... it doesn't detect it at all, not even found in device manager!... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YayaKing, Sep 22, 2018.

1. YayaKing
    YayaKing Guest

HI. so i just bought this xbox 360 wired controller and when i plug it, nothing... it doesn't detect it at all, not even found in device manager! And... it starts vibrating by it self!! So i tried alot of things and nothing.... HELP plz :'( Fifa 19 is
    coming :'(

:)

YayaKing, Sep 22, 2018
  2. XBox 360 Controller for Windows 10

Good evening (from Slovakia)! I want to buy an XBox 360 Wired Controller for my PC and my question is: Can I use a normal XBox Wired 360 controller (which is given to XBox 360s) on Windows 10, or I have to buy a new one specialized for Windows 10?

Sorry for bad english.

ŠtefanRenczés, Sep 22, 2018
  3. LarsAlgera
    LarsAlgera Guest
    xbox 360 controller on xbox one while using the xbox app on windows 10

i have a xbox 360 controller and i want to use it for my xbox one. i have read that it is possible while using the xbox app on windows 10. Set Up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Xbox Live .
    the sentence in the blue says that i can use the xbox app on windows 10 to check it if the controller is working. so my question is can it work on your xbox one the xbox 360 controller while using the xbox app on windows 10?

Set up a wired controller on Windows 10

Follow these steps to install your Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10:

1. Plug the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer.
    2. Windows 10 will automatically install drivers for your controller, so you won't have to download or install software other than Windows 10 updates. Once you see the pop-up notification that the drivers have been installed, you can use your controller.
    3. Open a game or the Xbox app and test your controller by pressing a button, pulling a trigger, or moving a stick on the controller.
    Notes

• If your Xbox 360 wired controller is not detected by your PC, try plugging it into a different USB port, and then test it again.
    • If your controller still does not work, check that Windows 10 is fully updated. Install any updates and then try again.
    • Refer to your game documentation for information about how to configure the Xbox 360 controller for a specific game

LarsAlgera, Sep 22, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

XBF Chris J, Sep 23, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    In addition to the instructions from XBF Chris J, make sure that you really have a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not a wireless Xbox 360 controller that you connect with a Play & Charge kit cable.

A real Xbox 360 controller that works with PC has a fixed, non-removable cable. If you can unplug the cable from the front of the controller, that cable ONLY transmits power to charge the controller.

No controller data can be transmitted via that charging cable, and therefore the PC can not detect it. But when the controller detects power coming through that cable, it vibrates shortly. Maybe it's that why the controller "only" vibrates, but is not detected
    by the PC.

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: