Xbox 360 Wired Controller not working?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wired Controller not working? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Basically, whenever I go to play Roblox with my Xbox 360 controller, I get a notification to say that there is a 'power surge'. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DebatableNineYT, May 10, 2018.

1. Xbox 360 Wired Controller not working?

Basically, whenever I go to play Roblox with my Xbox 360 controller, I get a notification to say that there is a 'power surge'. Is there any way to help?

:)

DebatableNineYT, May 10, 2018
  2. lamepudge
    lamepudge Guest
    lamepudge, May 10, 2018
  3. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, May 10, 2018
  4. Kiesey Win User

Question about Xbox 360-PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

If you have a wired Xbox controller it will work. ( Note using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit will not work) Check out the link below fo downloads for the Xbox 360 Wired Controller For Windows.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not working in windows 10?

With the Xbox 360 controller, it only sent data wirelessly. The charging cable was only used to charge rechargeable batteries on the controller, and does not send data over the wire for the controller. You would need the Xbox 360 wireless controller
    adapter (usb dongle) to connect. If the 360 controller was wired natively then that would work, but the default controllers only worked wirelessly.
  6. Вильгельм РWin User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    This is wired USB controller. I think that wire is broken.

Sorry for bad English.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I use Xbox 360 controller for windows 10?

Hi,

Both wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers work on Windows 10. Wired is just plug and play while wireless controllers need a receiver. I know 360 controllers work as I've used them on my own gaming PC running the latest version of Win 10.
  8. ChiefJoboo Win User

Controller not working

The USB play and charge kit for xbox 360 does NOT make it a wired controller
    - only transfers power, not data. You will see it as a device but there's no driver or any software that will make this work.

The only way to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a PC is with the xbox 360 USB wireless adapter for windows. You can also buy a purely wired xbox 360 controller from xbox or a 3rd party manufacturer: they all will work.

I would suggest an xbox one controller as those wireless controllers DO turn into a wired controller when a micro USB cable is used. Bluetooth is also available on newer ones.
Thema:

Xbox 360 Wired Controller not working?

1. Xbox 360 Wired Controller not working? - Similar Threads - 360 Wired Controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...
  10. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 wired controller not working on console