Xbox 360 Wired Controller not recognized (Windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox 360 Wired Controller not recognized (Windows 10) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've got a weird problem. I have had no trouble plugging in a controller to my laptop and using it to play games since I started using one in May. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skilynn11, Dec 27, 2015.

1. skilynn11
    skilynn11 Guest

I've got a weird problem. I have had no trouble plugging in a controller to my laptop and using it to play games since I started using one in May. It worked fine on Windows 8, and still worked when I upgraded to Windows 10. But as of yesterday, my controller
    does not work. I plug it in, the light flashes once, and nothing else happens. It doesn't appear in the device manager either. This is what I've tried to fix it:

• Tried a different controller; neither work.
    • Tested different USB ports. All of my ports work with everything except the controllers.
    • Installed Windows updates. My computer is completely up to date.
    • Tried different games. The controllers don't work in any of them.
    • Restarted my computer multiple times.
    Everything on my computer is running fine, and according to my brothers, the controllers work fine with the Xbox itself. If anyone could help me get this sorted out, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

skilynn11, Dec 27, 2015
  2. Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10 not working

I definitely have a wired unit

windows 10 does not recognize it at all.

I tried installing the software that came with it - device not recognized

I tried uninstalling the software from the installation disc and just plugging it in as directed - - device not recognized

has anyone out there actually gotten the xbox 360 wired controller working on windows 10?

If there are updated drivers I cant find them anywhere

TinedPrince9938, Dec 27, 2015
  3. XBox 360 Controller for Windows 10

Good evening (from Slovakia)! I want to buy an XBox 360 Wired Controller for my PC and my question is: Can I use a normal XBox Wired 360 controller (which is given to XBox 360s) on Windows 10, or I have to buy a new one specialized for Windows 10?

Sorry for bad english.

ŠtefanRenczés, Dec 27, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: