Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

Discus and support Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InauguralOwl659, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried

Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad

1 controller: Rock candy

2 controller: Used Xbox 360 Microsoft

The game I am playing to GTA San Andreas, most things work but I would like to set it up in a way the is more fitting. Ideally, I want to use it like I would use it on an Xbox.

Bought 1st controller

Tried to update driver, this is been unsuccessful due to it just keeps looking for updates on the Web.

Tried different ports.

Downloaded Driver from this site. Restarted computer.

Nothing changed.

Bought 2nd

Same issues, tried the same troubleshoot

All I want to do is to Play this fricking game. Please help, I am out of ideas

:)

InauguralOwl659, Sep 25, 2016
  2. Darksnake11sp, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Problem for controller

I have a problem with my controller of xbox 360 that i use for pc since that i intstalled windows 10 in my computer before that ( with windows 8.1) everything was ok my controller still working because i try to my xbox and its working... i don t understand
    why in my computer its not working like for the xbox 360 or like with windows 8.1 Thank you

LustrousSnow592, Sep 25, 2016
  4. Red264
    Red264 Guest

Sounds strange,, also you shouldn't have needed to install any drivers, Windows would have downloaded the correct driver automatically.

Keep in mind this is the official PC version of the Xbox 360 controller right ?

Because the Xbox 360 wired console controllers wont work or third party controllers that are not PC x-input compatible will not work either. The only other Xbox 360 console controller that works with Windows is the standard wireless controller provided you
    buy the official wireless adapter for PC's.

If your certain you have proper PC compatible controllers there is a tool on Steam called Controller Companion that allows you to remaps buttons but that might not help if they aren't working in the first place.

Also go into the control panel and search for devices and printers, in there it should list any controllers, right click and select properties, in here you can test and calibrate the controller which might help.

Lastly if you can return the x360 controllers and buy an xbox one controller instead, all PC games these days now use the xbox one button labels (start/select is gone) and on top of that all official xbox one controllers are PC compatible, just connect via
    USB cable and your set.

Red264, Oct 8, 2016
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  6. Red264 Win User

Sounds strange,, also you shouldn't have needed to install any drivers, Windows would have downloaded the correct driver automatically.

Keep in mind this is the official PC version of the Xbox 360 controller right ?

Because the Xbox 360 wired console controllers wont work or third party controllers that are not PC x-input compatible will not work either. The only other Xbox 360 console controller that works with Windows is the standard wireless controller provided you
    buy the official wireless adapter for PC's.

If your certain you have proper PC compatible controllers there is a tool on Steam called Controller Companion that allows you to remaps buttons but that might not help if they aren't working in the first place.

Also go into the control panel and search for devices and printers, in there it should list any controllers, right click and select properties, in here you can test and calibrate the controller which might help.

Lastly if you can return the x360 controllers and buy an xbox one controller instead, all PC games these days now use the xbox one button labels (start/select is gone) and on top of that all official xbox one controllers are PC compatible, just connect via
    USB cable and your set.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I use Xbox 360 controller for windows 10?

Hi,

Both wired and wireless Xbox 360 controllers work on Windows 10. Wired is just plug and play while wireless controllers need a receiver. I know 360 controllers work as I've used them on my own gaming PC running the latest version of Win 10.
  8. Relief26 Win User

xbox 360 controller pc wireless with World War Z

Im having the same problem, where my wired xbox 360 controller which works with windows 10 is not being read by world war z, anyone found a solution? I don't think you can update a wired xbox 360 controller. Works fine with all other windows 10 games except
    World war z
  9. Videea Win User

cant connect an Xbox 360 controller to PC windows 10 via cable

I have a VERY similar issue... i think you are talking about a wired 360 controller, but I am more specifically talking about a wired 360 guitar (controller). mine also is recognized by windows 10 as a 360 controller (not a guitar), and despite everything I do with them (i have 2)... it will not work on my xbox 1 x through windows 10 (and the xbox companion app built into windows 10). I was able to get my xbox 1 wired regular controller to work using windows 10. if you find an answer, please let me know, it will likely fix my issue as well, even though my issue is slightly different
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right. - Similar Threads - 360 wire controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...
  10. XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 Controller for Windows - Wire burned through: I have been playing games on my Pc with my wired XBox 360 Controller when it suddenly stopped making inputs. Then I realised that there was a hole in the wire and smoke is coming out. I don't...