xbox 360 will not accept wpa-2 password

Discus and support xbox 360 will not accept wpa-2 password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox 360 refuses to accept my wpa-2 password it says: you wrote an invalid wpa-2 key, because of this it doesnt even try the password if i put in 1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tordtord, Nov 8, 2021.

1. tordtord
    tordtord Guest

my xbox 360 refuses to accept my wpa-2 password it says: you wrote an invalid wpa-2 key, because of this it doesnt even try the password

if i put in 1 more letter it accepts it (and then fails since its wrong) but i know my password and its 1 letter too short?? i have even double checked so im 100% certain its the correct password

:)

tordtord, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Georges C. Win User

3. taidara Win User

: WPA Password

HI All! Having trouble discerning which characters are needed for xbox to connect. My WPA 2 pass is set up like this; e###e######a##e#. Do I need all characters or just the numbers or how? I don't know what kind of router I have as it was given
    to us from our cable company( Federated Telephone), so I just chose any router to post my question. Any help would be much appreciated. thank you.
    As already mentioned - Yes! All characters in the password/passphrase are needed. The password itself is one of five ingredients that make up the Pre-Shared Key, also known as the PSK.

You should have the option to login to your router and change the wireless password.
  4. sleep is HxC Win User

WPA Password

Yes, you would need all characters from your WPA key. The letters are also case sensitive!

Also, you may want to call your ISP (Federated Telephone) for more assistance with your particular router.
  5. Rage4Order418 Win User

Can't connect to XBox Live since router password type change

Does the original XBox wireless adapter accept WPA?
  6. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Can only connect to live if I take off my wireless password.

Hey Metalocalypse, It sounds like you're having a problem with the WPA encryption of the router. Please try the following:
    1. Login to your router's configuration.
    2. Change the WPA setting from WPA 1 to WPA 2.
    3. Set a WPA 2 Password
    All done! Please post back on how this worked out for you =) Regards, SamxBroski
Thema:

1. xbox 360 will not accept wpa-2 password - Similar Threads - 360 accept wpa

2. My xbox 360 wont accept my account details

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox 360 wont accept my account details: I wanted to login to my xbox 360 before the servers go offline and i tried to download profile but i cant get past enter email screen i get error code (8015D000) everytime and i changed my email...
  3. Game pass 360 games require an additional sign in to play and it won't accept my password...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass 360 games require an additional sign in to play and it won't accept my password...: The game pass won't let me play the 360 games on it on my xbox1 even though I'm already signed in it asks me to sign in again and when I try to it doesn't accept my password...
  4. how do i get my xbox 360 to accept a email address for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox 360 to accept a email address for xbox live: how do i get my xbox360 to compleatyreseat back to factory i bout it used and thers codes i dont know how do i reset them all 302fff59-71f8-400b-a384-dfc1870dbb83
  5. How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360: How do I accept a friend request on Xbox One from someone on Xbox 360 87f99b5e-db57-4368-bba0-048ace31158b
  6. xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360, asks to check security of profile, but won't accept my password: its been over a week, can't access xbox live via xbox 360, keeps asking to check security of profile, but won't accept my password, and my password is 100% correct when I enter it...
  7. YXbox one no longer accept xbox 360 games at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    YXbox one no longer accept xbox 360 games at all.: Not sure digital version should be bought first on the xbox 360 console. 24813b20-6385-44fe-833e-5dfb95c40f4d
  8. new XboxOne Account -> xbox 360 game doesn't accept my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    new XboxOne Account -> xbox 360 game doesn't accept my account: Hello, I recently started to use an Xbox one and wanted to start an xbox 360 game "Spelunky" . The game shows me a screen to log in but when I try to log in a another screen appears (a xbox 360...
  9. Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot accept or decline any friend requests: Ok this is a ongoing problem with the Xbox 360 it has been going on for about 3 months. When I try to send a friend request it will say Xbox cannot complete the process even if the user I am...
  10. why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??

in XBoX on Consoles
    why will an xbox 360 not accept my microsoft password when trying to set up a redeem code??: i have been unable to get any help from chat line as will not allow me to input first name and surname. trying to redeem code on new xbox360 and at input asking for account password it stops ,...