Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

Discus and support Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I 1NSANE I, Jan 16, 2024.

1. I 1NSANE I
    I 1NSANE I Guest

This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here:

I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No connectivity issues whatsoever. I then tried to play Saints Row IV on my Series X, which is when I noticed that the game was not downloading my cloud saves. Switching to 360, I launched the game, and again could not access cloud saves. On the Xbox 360 guide, it showed I needed Connect to Xbox Live. Attempting to do so, it could not connect me. When testing my connection, it showed the 360 was connected to internet/Live no problem, but running a test failed, with my only two options being to unplug modem/router, wait 5 minutes, plug them in, wait 60 more seconds, etc. The other option was an MTU error, directing me to visit xbox.com/mtu-help. This page no longer exists.

I unplugged my modem, cleared cache from my hard drive-nothing worked. Playing Grid Autosport on 360 had no issues in accessing cloud saves, or staying connected.

I then attempted to launch Fallout New Vegas. It accessed my cloud saves and was downloading them to my 360, but I had to leave for work, so I interrupted the download first, before powering off.

Today when I try to sign in to my profile on 360 (I don't have auto sign in), it shows I'm disconnected on the avatar select screen. It then tries to connect me, saying it couldn't connect, and if I'd like to test my internet.

Test Status says Network is connected, internet failed, Xbox Live blocked, even after another modem/router reset.

Apologies for the long winded post, but I wanted to be thorough in explaning everything in the help it helps to get me connected again.

:)

I 1NSANE I, Jan 16, 2024
  2. Lord Rob UK Win User

xbox live disconnects when starting any game.

Hi fishbait1,

There is some help on xboxlive for various wired connection issues, if you click YES that your connect speed meets the requirements as I see they can from the details you have provided then click on the wired option to get the troubleshooting
    options for your issue.

support.xbox.com/.../random-disconnect-solution

Hope this helps

Regards

BoA
  3. Kirbee Win User

Can't disconnect from default network

Need more info...

Connection type: wired / wireless

XBOX 360 wireless adapter type: internal wireless / external wireless / internal wired

If it is a wired connection you are not going to be able to disconnect from it without disconnecting the ethernet cable from the back of your Xbox.
  4. SkiddyRex78952 Win User

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows not reassigning on Xbox 360

Hey there .

Have you tried plugging the controllers into different USB ports on your Xbox 360 S to see if there is any change in connection? They shouldn't both be connecting to Play 1, be sure they're signed into different profiles when connecting to Xbox Live.
    Yes I tried various ports and I also tried to connect in various orders such as Player 1 (P1) - Wired Xbox 360 Controller for Windows and Signed In, P2 = Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and Signed In but when connecting the third one for P3 - Wired Xbox 360
    Controller for Windows it assigns as P1 and takes control away from the first assigned controller.

Thanks for the Reply

Skiddy
  5. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Xbox keeps disconnecting from xbox live

Hmm, that's odd. Are you still being disconnected from Xbox Live? Are you wired or wirelessly connected?
  6. Hork3r Win User

Problem with signing and disconnecting

I did all of the stuff that I can do myself and what I can do with the wired connection.

PS. I got disconnected again. Tried signing in, I nearly got in as when the 360 had loaded my profile it said straight away "Disconnected from Xbox LIVE" and then it showed me a "Can't connect to Xbox LIVE."

Happens to me a lot now when I try to sign in
Thema:

1. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection - Similar Threads - 360 Various Disconnects

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  4. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  5. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  6. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  7. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  8. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  9. Access various Netflix accounts on one 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Access various Netflix accounts on one 360 console: Up until about a month or so ago, we were able to sign into separate Netflix accounts through separate Live profiles. Every once in a while, something the other person watched on their Live...
  10. Various messaging issues on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Various messaging issues on Xbox 360: For at least 6 months, myself and literally everyone I know or have come into contact with in the last 6 months are unable to receive messages on xbox 360 normally. There is a work around that...