[Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work

Discus and support [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The first problem we have is our Xbox 360 can't connect to the internet (Error 80151903), but we thought it's okay. While trying to troubleshoot this,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by O365 felhasználó_544, Jan 3, 2024.

1. [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work

The first problem we have is our Xbox 360 can't connect to the internet (Error 80151903), but we thought it's okay. While trying to troubleshoot this, we cleared the system updates off the hard drive (with X. LB. RB, X, LB, RB). After this the problem was not solved, but now we can't use Kinect and our avatars have been deleted because we need a system update. I tried getting it from USB made sure all steps were perfect (formatted FAT32, unzipped $SystemUpdate folder is the only one on it) but it doesn't work. When I plug it in the Xbox doesn't recognize that there is an update ready. Even if I restart the Xbox it just brings me to the sign-in screen. I've tried different dashboard update versions but nothing seems to work. There is no error message, it just doesnt recognise the update. It can see the USB itself as a connected device, but apparently doesn't see the update on it.

The current dashboard version is 2.0.16747.0 and I believe this is good, but it should have the avatar and Kinect functions, which is what I tried to repair but failed.

:)

O365 felhasználó_544, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating your Xbox 360.

Not only that, but I would like to ask, did you download the update files from the following link?

https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/system-updates-info > https://www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

If your answer is affirmative, may I know if you tried to copy the files to a different USB drive or burn the files to a CD or DVD?

Please make sure to keep this in mind:
    “Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).” Or “Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and then choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.”

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. Miss Portia Win User

System Update Stopped

Hey there - the solution for this error is to try installing the update via a CD or USB Flash Drive. Not all flash drives will work, so if one doesn't work, it's good to try another. More info:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help
  4. VernierSlake Win User

Anyone having luck with the February update?

Anyone tried doing the update manually? Go here -
    support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info
    - Follow the instructions for updating via USB or CD (pretty straightforward if you take your time) and try the other option (CD or USB) if your first option doesn't work.
  5. RedFilter Win User

Do I require an updated Xbox for Halo 4? (Xbox is offline at my cabin w/o internet)

6. Mister Cerb Win User

xbox wont update

Hey there Kiba!

Let's try giving updating via USB drive a shot. For instructions on how to do that, check out our
    how to get a new Xbox 360 update support article.

Let us know how updating via USB goes for you and we'll work with you from there! ^_^
Thema:

1. [Xbox 360] Updating system dashboard via USB doesn't work - Similar Threads - 360 Updating system

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  4. How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to do an offline system update on Xbox 360?: Hi! Recently got an Xbox 360 and Kinect. The console says I need to update to use the Kinect but I do not have a network connection in the room the Xbox is in. Does anyone know how to do an...
  5. How do I update my Xbox 360 system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I update my Xbox 360 system: Hi I’m new, How do I update my Xbox live system I have an 8gb usb but it’s not working do I need an official Xbox storage device 0b2fb2db-4976-40ff-8ee4-8395f8301fef
  6. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  7. What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?: What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360? 51ef5820-83e0-46f9-9d61-b0156307507f
  8. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  9. Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey there when I boot up my Xbox 360, it says "system update failed. Status code...: I need to update but it won't let me 0b85c6ff-d58d-4f23-95d7-3009cead6aac
  10. Xbox 360 system update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 system update: My xbox 360 system is unable to be updated and is prompting status code: 4467 - 4497 - 1380 - 2446 - C810 - 1004 What could be the cause? 9897d014-fcd6-4a17-aa6b-73a7a741f1c6