XBOX 360 Turning on and off randomly? I have a solution.

Discus and support XBOX 360 Turning on and off randomly? I have a solution. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a few months and it started getting worse. I tried EVERYTHING...a different power brick, cleaning out the dust and debris,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dark0o0Joker, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Dark0o0Joker
    Dark0o0Joker Guest

I have had this problem for a few months and it started getting worse. I tried EVERYTHING...a different power brick, cleaning out the dust and debris, cleaning off the fan. It wasn't a heat problem. It had that little [ding] like someone manually turned
    it off. It was driving me nuts. It would turn off after a few minutes to seconds. It was useless. Christmas is coming, I can't afford to pay someone to fix this.

I finally realized the solution to my problem was to disable the power button. (You can easily turn the console on with your remote, you won't miss it.) It's a few years old and no warranty, I'm good at this sort of thing so why not? It's not that hard.

This is very simple.

Turn off and unplug all cables, including power cable. (I'm in America I had to put that in there)

Go on Youtube and learn how to carefully take your console apart.

There's a thin blue ribbon holding the front piece to the system (the connection between the button and the board), connecting under the big silver button.

Take the circular black plastic piece off to fully expose the small rectangular off-white connection point. The ribbon is looped around the back and plugged in the front, use a very small flathead to open it on it's hinge and the ribbon will disconnect easily.

I found that looping it under itself when you put the system back together is your best bet.

Put it all back together and give it a shot.

I hope this helps.

-One happy housewife with a VERY happy gamer husband

:)

Dark0o0Joker, Nov 24, 2014
  2. Kinect turning off and on?

My kinect keeps turning itself off randomly, I have calibrated it twice, but nope still doesnt work. Turns itself on randomly, and then off. It stayed on for an hour or two today but then I GO TO USE IT AND NOPE TURNS ITSELF OFF after a few minutes... Anyone
    got a solution? I'm gunna return it soon if it doesnt work.

FacelesOldWoman, Nov 24, 2014
  3. I have a solution

Hey there, Savage!

We appreciate you helping out your fellow gamers! We do have a support article about

Xbox 360 Marketplace purchasing
    that does call out child accounts cannot make these purchases. If users are looking to own the content on their own account, they will need to purchase the content directly from an Xbox 360.

We generally suggest that users who are looking to help out others post in threads directly. These types of threads can easily get lost in the shuffle, and getting this information straight to those looking for it will ensure those will get the help they
    need!

If you need assistance with any support issues, be sure to post up a new detailed thread so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding! XBOX 360 Turning on and off randomly? I have a solution. :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Dark0o0Joker
    Dark0o0Joker Guest

I just wanted to add that it's been 24 hours and it's no longer turning off. My husband played for hours without incident. Happy gaming everyone!

Dark0o0Joker, Nov 25, 2014
  5. Dark0o0Joker Win User

I just wanted to add that it's been 24 hours and it's no longer turning off. My husband played for hours without incident. Happy gaming everyone!
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Console shutting down.

Hello TriggerMyke3000,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox 360 is shutting down randomly. There are a couple of reasons why this issue is occurring. It could have something to do with the console getting too hot, or it could be the power
    supply failing. We have a support article on our website which provides solutions for a

Xbox 360 turning off unexpectedly
    . Go ahead and try some of the solutions in the article, and be sure to let us know the results!
  7. Muerte2004 Win User

Unable to download Xbox360 profile to Xbox One

I had to restart the console as opposed to turning it of then turning back on. My remaining issue is that I am randomly being kicked off of XBox Live on the 360 emulator.
  8. LaminateGorgon5 Win User

Xbox One random/unexpected power off?

I just started having this same issue and was curious if anyone else found a solution. My Xbox (also day one) was working fine since I got it and now it will just randomly turn off.
  9. S L 1 M 1 9 9 2 Win User

360s turns off randomly!

have youu tried buying an entire new ac adapter cause if it isnt the box part of it, it also could be one of two things the port on the back of the xbox console itself or the bit that you plug into the adapter
Thema:

1. XBOX 360 Turning on and off randomly? I have a solution. - Similar Threads - 360 Turning off

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  5. My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X turns off when I’m playing a 360 game. It doesn’t feel hot, and I’m not...: Currently playing fable 3 and my Xbox just randomly shuts off. Any suggestions other than hard reset? b4c2f001-e52c-4c3a-a2a9-18b5830f4ae3
  6. Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360?: My settings won't save when I turn off the console 921a7cd0-cdab-42ec-98ec-2f5856439bfa
  7. I’ve just bought a used Xbox 360 S and parental controls were enabled. How do I turn them off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve just bought a used Xbox 360 S and parental controls were enabled. How do I turn them off?: I’m just not sure what to do 30205624-9813-47ff-9c7b-5dae4f9226bf
  8. How do I turn off Family settings on my XBOX 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I turn off Family settings on my XBOX 360?: I recently purchased an XBOX 360 from someone else. It will not allow me to play certain games because they are blocked by family settings. I do not know the password or the answer to the question...
  9. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...
  10. How to turn off vibraion on xbox 360 controller , windows 11 ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off vibraion on xbox 360 controller , windows 11 ??: How to turn off vibraion on xbox 360 controller , windows 11 ?? 8ae6f286-39a3-4e03-bea7-b6cae323e32e