Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop

Discus and support Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Turned on console and was prompted to update. When it goes to the download screen, in about 10-15 seconds, it will restart. The download bar shows no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MATTMOO41, May 21, 2014.

1. MATTMOO41
    MATTMOO41 Guest

Turned on console and was prompted to update. When it goes to the download screen, in about 10-15 seconds, it will restart. The download bar shows no movement. It restarts and goes back to update screen. Select update, restarts; over and over. I have
    two external storage devices and I cleared the cache on both. I also unplugged the console and both storage units. Plugged everything back up, turned it on; update/restart again. Please help!!!

:)

MATTMOO41, May 21, 2014
  2. Xbox One Constantly Resets

it starts up at the applying update screen and my xbox restarts back to the applying update screen. Its basically stuck in a loop

Try-00F1B93D-E9F3-45AD-B408-4C26CDFA8A64, May 21, 2014
  3. Update Loop

my Xbox is stuck on an update loop. I've attempted multiple times at least 3 cycles at a time;

xbox starts

prompts me to update

complete update

restart

repeat

I can get past this to the dashboard but offline. As soon as I try to go online it goes straight back to the update loop.

Furinkazanzibar, May 21, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Try doing the update without the external storage attached.

onyxishere, May 22, 2014
  5. MATTMOO41
    MATTMOO41 Guest
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried and had the same result.

MATTMOO41, May 22, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    What kind of console are you using? Old FAT or S? Are you getting any type of error message? Are you connected via wired or wireless?

onyxishere, May 22, 2014
  7. MATTMOO41
    MATTMOO41 Guest
    It is an S. We just bought it in December. There is no error message, and we're wireless. I'm thinking it may be a hard drive issue. My system memory is showing a 3GB capacity, with only 2MB available, yet when I go into it, it's shows nothing saved there.
    My external drive has 13.7GB open. I was thinking about trying an Xbox add-on drive to see if that would help? I have a warranty; maybe I'll just get another one.

MATTMOO41, May 24, 2014
  8. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

It might very well be a storage issue. Try removing the external storage devices (I presume they're USB) and try accepting the update.

You may very well need to get an Xbox storage device (250 or 320 gb). Other than that it may be an issue that gets resolved through warranty repair.

onyxishere, May 24, 2014
  9. MATTMOO41
    MATTMOO41 Guest
    Thanks for your suggestions! I think I will try the xbox storage; it will be good to have even if I have to replace it.

MATTMOO41, Oct 31, 2018
  10. onyxishere Win User

It might very well be a storage issue. Try removing the external storage devices (I presume they're USB) and try accepting the update.

You may very well need to get an Xbox storage device (250 or 320 gb). Other than that it may be an issue that gets resolved through warranty repair.
  11. MATTMOO41 Win User

It is an S. We just bought it in December. There is no error message, and we're wireless. I'm thinking it may be a hard drive issue. My system memory is showing a 3GB capacity, with only 2MB available, yet when I go into it, it's shows nothing saved there.
    My external drive has 13.7GB open. I was thinking about trying an Xbox add-on drive to see if that would help? I have a warranty; maybe I'll just get another one.
  12. MATTMOO41 Win User

Thanks for your suggestions! I think I will try the xbox storage; it will be good to have even if I have to replace it.
  13. onyxishere Win User

What kind of console are you using? Old FAT or S? Are you getting any type of error message? Are you connected via wired or wireless?
  14. onyxishere Win User

Try doing the update without the external storage attached.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Stuck in Update/Restart Loop - Similar Threads - 360 Stuck Update

2. My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console is stuck on the update screen i can't access my dashboard: my xbox 360 console is stuck on the system update stopped screen, i can't even access my dashboard and this started when i was updating it using a usb since i don't have a hard drive so i used a...
  3. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  4. Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in: Xbox 360 stuck on zoomed in. I've tried the normal shortcut with the center button till it vibrates and go to the magnifier there it zooms in more but not any further back. I've tried going...
  5. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  6. My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series X stuck on this screen when trying to play 360 games.: I can't play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X because "Getting Xbox 360 info screen took minutes" and "Tried downloading Xbox 360 profiles and failed" issue. I was met with the "Getting your...
  7. My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox status is stuck on a 360 game even though I'm not playing it and it is also...: I wanted to play viva pinata for the first time in a while because I felt like it and it was free on game pass however after playing it it was stuck on my status even though I was playing other...
  8. My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Status is stuck on a Xbox 360 game that I'm not playing at the moment.: Hi, I have a issue with my xbox status that started an hour ago where it shows that I'm playing on a Xbox 360 game even though I stopped playing on it an hour ago. So, I have looked everywhere...
  9. Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Status Stuck on 360 Game: Have encountered an annoying bug with Xbox One account where my status is stuck on playing an Xbox 360 game: "Fallout: New Vegas". I have loaded up other Xbox One games which does update however...
  10. Xbox Status stuck on 360 game

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Status stuck on 360 game: Hello, my xbox live status is stuck on COD:Black Ops II i also realized it says i’m online even when my xbox is powered down I really enjoy playing with my friends on xbox especially considering I...