Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim 07ac2936-ce7b-4474-a83b-521af9145c2b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Itz Shifter, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Itz Shifter
    Itz Shifter Guest

Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...

no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim

:)

Itz Shifter, Aug 30, 2014
  2. Sun-Tracker
    Sun-Tracker Guest
    No More Video Output to Monitor

Hi.

I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible with this one. About to pull hair out.

----------------------------------------------------

Materials On-Hand:

Xbox 360 Slim (The Culprit)

Xbox 360 Pro with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

Laptop Computer with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

HDMI-HDMI Cable (Works Fine)

HDMI-DVI Cable (Works Fine)

Dell 2408WFP Monitor (Has DVI Port, HDMI Port, Composite Video Port)

Dell 2208WFPt Monitor (Has DVI Port)

40" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

60" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

History:

- For the past 7 months, I've had my Xbox 360 Slim connected to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor with an HDMI-HDMI Cable. No issues.

- A couple of weeks ago, I lent my xbox to a friend a couple doors away. He has a Dell 2208WFPt monitor, which does not have an HDMI Input. I gave him an HDMI-DVI cable to use, and it worked on the monitor with no issues.

- When I got my xbox back, it refuses to output a video signal to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor via HDMI-HDMI or HDMI-DVI. Nothing I do can get it to output to my monitor (which it was working fine with for the 7 months prior to me hooking it up via HDMI-DVI to
    the Dell 2208WFPt).

Configurations Tested:

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = NO Video/Audio

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    NO Video/Audio

Laptop Computer + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP HDMI Port and HDMI-HDMI cable both work)

Laptop Computer + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP DVI Port and HDMI-DVI Cable both work)

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2208WFPt Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs DVI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 40" Sony LCD TV =
    Video/Audio GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs HDMI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 60" Sony LCD TV = Video/Audio GOOD

Troubleshooting Options Attempted:

Factory-Reset Dell 2408WFP Monitor

Turning Display Discovery Off

Turning Display Discovery On

Attempting to Reset Display Settings with Right-Trigger + "Y" Button upon Boot

Hooking Xbox 360 Slim up to Dell 2208WFPt monitor, setting a lower resolution, and hot-swapping to Dell 2408WFP monitor (Both HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI Cables)

"Blindly" Navigating Menus while hooked up to Dell 2408 WFP monitor (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI) to modify Display Discovery settings and selected resolutions

Hot-Swapping between Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) and
    Xbox 360 Slim

Hot-Swapping between Laptop Computer and
    Xbox 360 Slim (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables)

With all of the above, my Dell 2408WFP Monitor immediately goes into Power-Save Mode when the
    Xbox 360 Slim is hooked up to it. The monitor works with another xbox, a laptop, and via multiple cables. Therefore I know that the ports are good, the cables are good, and the monitor is good.... but it refuses
    to display anything from my particular Xbox 360 Slim. Ever since being hooked up to the Dell 2208WFPt monitor via HDMI-DVI, it simply will not work with the Dell 2408WFP Monitor. I cannot think of any other options.
    The Xbox 360 Slim works fine on any other display I try it on. Another Xbox works fine on the Dell 2408WFP Monitor with both the HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables. As a reminder, the
    Xbox 360 Slim worked just fine with the Dell 2408WFP monitor for 7 months via the HDMI-HDMI cable.

I appreciate any assistance that can be provided. I don't know what else to do. It's very mysterious. Thanks.

Sun-Tracker, Aug 30, 2014
  3. Problem with my HDMI port on xbox!

My HDMI port has suddenly stopped working on my xbox but it works fine with AV cable, when i have the HDMI cable plugged in and i go on the HDMI channel the xbox recognises it and the green lights around the on button start spinning and it starts up, but
    i have no display! I have used the same HDMI cable on my PS3 and it works fine, so it cant be the HDMI cable or the TV, I've also tried it with a different HDMI cable and a different TV but still no luck, I have also reset the display setting on the xbox bu
    holding Y and RT but this also didnt work. Is there anything that could be stopping it from displaying a picture? It recognises that the HDMI cable is plugged in (I think) because when i go on the HDMI channel my xbox starts up? Any help would be appreciated!

dS I Michaeel, Aug 30, 2014
  4. Savaged x7
    Savaged x7 Guest

Sir I'm sorry to hear about your problem but it may just be a broken HDMI port on your xbox console, I wouldn't think anything else unless the cord were not working. The only other thing I can suggest is try another HDMI cord and if that doesn't work then
    it may just be the port on the console itself. Sir I hope your problem gets resolved and I hope you have a good day.

Savaged x7, Aug 30, 2014
  5. Itz Shifter
    Itz Shifter Guest
    thanks bud but i know the cord is fine but how can the port stuff up just buy unplugging the hdmi cable then like an hour later not work ot was fine untill i un plugged it could it be the hd setting on the xbox jump to setting that my tv cant support meaning
    i cant see anything

Itz Shifter, Oct 31, 2018
  6. SirStephenH Win User

Accesories

Yes, the standard Xbox 360 AV cable and any HDMI cables will work with the Xbox 360 S.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Console powers up; but only center green light comes on; No scanning lights and no video

Do you have the console connected via HDMI or via AV port cable?

If via HDMI, do you have the display device turned on and set to the HDMI input you have the HDMI cable attached to? If the HDMI input on the display is not set to the input that the 360 is using, the 360 will wait until it is. It won't finish boot unless
    it can find an HDMI device on the other end.

If you're using the AV port cable, did you verify it's plugged in all the way? A loose cable can cause a paused boot as well.
  8. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Dual Output for Capture

No, you can't get composite/component and HDMI output at the same time. If the 360 detects an AV cable and an HDMI cable it should just show a black screen out on the HDMI output and the component/composite get priority. If your display has a component input
    then you can use several Y RCA splitter cables to get you an HD image for the capture card and your display.
  9. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - HDMI Setup

To switch from an AV port cable to an HDMI cable, try the following:

• Power off the console and the display
    • Unplug the AV port cable
    • Plug in the HDMI cable on the console
    • Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to an input on the display
    • Power on the display and select the corresponding HDMI input
    • Follow the instructions listed in
      Solution 4 of the black screen on TV or Monitor troubleshooter
      while powering on the console

That should get you to... I believe a 480p output from the 360 to the display. After that, you can adjust the output format from System Settings.
  10. MaSx sPrAyZz Win User

HDMI Wont work with xbox! Really annoying!

well i was trying (Because of a youtube video) to use the HDMI Cable with the normal xbox AV cable both plugged in at the same time, so my friend told me to unplug the AV cable (The Xbox Cable) and just have the HDMI Cable plugged in, so i did that, changed
    to the right channel and BOOM it worked
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ... - Similar Threads - 360 slim wont

2. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  3. xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...: when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message: [img] i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent touched the hard drive so im assuming they...
  4. xbox 360 slim wont update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim wont update: when I try to update my xbox for xbox live it says cant process the update status code 445e 4467 1780 0700 c000 000e d5ed99d2-7628-4311-bf33-aea8653d347a
  5. HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP My Xbox 360 Slim wont boot or show anything on screen...: so yesterday i was playing on my xbox 360 like everyday but today i turned it on and it does not work the only thing that my xbox 360 does is the power button is green.... and it sounds like its...
  6. 360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim E 4GB stuck in update loop and wont connect to live due to this. Help please.: I have done everything on the support site to troubleshoot this. I have cleared cache, reset router, reset xbox network settings, attempted to install download from CDR and a properly formatted...
  7. Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live: So recently my 360 has started running very slow taking about 5 mins just to complete the start up process, when i get to to the sign in screen i select my profile which then takes another few...
  8. xboxn 360 slim wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xboxn 360 slim wont turn on: one day i was playing my xbox and i turned it off and came back and i would not turn back on every time i try to turn it on its just makes the beep noise as same with the tray i looked into it and...
  9. xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update: i started having problems with my 360 slim about 3 months ago and its just gotten worse. at first the xbox was just slow while i played games on live. then it started taking up to 10 minutes to...
  10. x box 360 slim wont connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box 360 slim wont connect to live: I have a older x box 360 which connects to live,also I have a x box 360 slim that wont connect to live.Could you tell me if it banned. 770d58d9-ced6-44a7-a404-685be70392ca