Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought this 2 years back and for a year it worked great. Then we moved and it wouldn't connect in our bedroom, but will connect in the garage,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ContrivedFern16, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room

I bought this 2 years back and for a year it worked great. Then we moved and it wouldn't connect in our bedroom, but will connect in the garage, living room and other bedrooms, but not our room. The garage is farther away from the laptop I have the wifi
    coming off of then our bedroom. Our phones work in here... I just don't get it. We can't even go into the advanced settings under Wireless Settings because as soon as we click wireless it tells us we need to connect a router. It picks up the wifi on it's own
    everywhere else, so why should I have to buy a router for this room? It's driving me crazy. Help please?

:)

ContrivedFern16, Apr 12, 2014
  2. KingTyrel3
    KingTyrel3 Guest
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont connect to wifi

My Xbox 370 Slim wont connect to wifi. It has connected to other wifi connentions before but It won't connect to mine.

KingTyrel3, Apr 12, 2014
  3. THE CRITCH
    THE CRITCH Guest
    How many consoles do you have include gaming pc and handled

Currently own:
    PS3 super slim
    PS3 launch fat( went YLOD a month after moving it into my sons room though)
    Xbox 360 120gb
    Xbox 360 4gb
    PSVita wifi.

Previously owned:
    Spectrum 48k
    Gameboy
    Sega master system
    Sega Mega drive
    SNES
    PS1
    PS2
    Xbox

THE CRITCH, Apr 12, 2014
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Controller Issue and Xbox One Placement

Well, the xbox one uses WiFi direct to connect while the Xbox 360 uses other technology.

In short, the design of the Xbox One and the WiFi hardware card on the console has been problematic for many as far as controller connection. My response is, do what works best and maybe consider re-arranging the room and rooms adjacent so that any WiFi
    interference is eliminated entirely. Also consider plugging in the xbox one vs. using a WiFi internet connection.
  5. Rah49er Win User

Xbox360 Slim wireless problems

Same problem here. My new xbox 360s connects to my network via internal wifi but it will not connect to xbox live. Everything else in the house connects fine. My xbox even connects when I plug in the old Adapter( from my last xbox) meaning the issue is with
    the internal wifi. This is one reason I bought a new xbox slim(internal wifi) this is BS!
  6. Jack Bonner Win User

new xbox slim wont connect to wifi

Hi just bought a brand new Xbox 360 slim 4gb and having the exact same problem. Can connect to live straight away using an Ethernet cable but won't connect using the wifi. The console finds my wireless network fine but after putting in the password fails
    to connect. Very frustrating.
  7. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
  8. CrazyIvan316 Win User

wifi adapter

Im pretty sure that you cant use the old wifi adaptors with the xbox 360 slim because the internal wifi connection utilizes wifi-N, the newer standard of wireless connections and may not properly interface with the xbox 360 slim.

As for getting a better signal.... i dont think it really makes a difference, most issues regarding that usually are environmental issues surrounding the 360 and nearby access point or the router. For instance having thick walls, microwaves, other computers
    running wireless, etc.
Thema:

Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room

1. Xbox 360 Slim won't connect to WiFi in one room - Similar Threads - 360 Slim won't

2. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  3. Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account: Hello. So i was watching youtube on my XBOX 360 slim and I got a "signed out of XBOX live" so I tried to sign in and it didn't work so I just turned off the console for a little bit and then I...
  4. Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.: Open Range (Hotspots) Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot. My old Xbox 360 S connected to my phone's hot spot no problem.Now i have a new xbox 360 s cuz...
  5. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84
  6. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  7. Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,: Hi I have a Slim XBox 360 non HDMI. It s tarts up, you get a ring Of green lights, but it won't see a wired or wireless controller and all you have is a green centre light, no controller lights....
  8. XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?: Our XBox 360 S stopped working. When you try to turn it on, the power button flashes for a few seconds and it sounds like a fan is blowing, then it just shuts off. I made sure there is plenty of...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  10. 360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim won't boot with hard drive installed: Hi everyone, Just got one of the 360 S 4GB models. It did not come with a hard drive, so I got an official 250GB Xbox hard drive. The system boots fine if I don't install the drive. But If the...