xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update

Discus and support xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i started having problems with my 360 slim about 3 months ago and its just gotten worse. at first the xbox was just slow while i played games on live.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeAliN d34th, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DeAliN d34th
    DeAliN d34th Guest

xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update

i started having problems with my 360 slim about 3 months ago and its just gotten worse. at first the xbox was just slow while i played games on live. then it started taking up to 10 minutes to sign me in and proceed to the dashboard. next when i turned
    off the console i slow blinking light would emit from the power button for about 5 minutes, which soon progressed to over 24 hours within a month, at that point i just unplugged it. it also will not download any sort of game update or system update, and always
    downloads games somehow so i cant even play them. one thing i noticed was when i was disconnected from live the dash took about 3 seconds (the usual time). i cant even play live now and sleeping dogs is frozen as we speak. I NEED HELP URGENTLY

:)

DeAliN d34th, Sep 12, 2014
  2. joe0ne
    joe0ne Guest
    Blinking green lights

On my Xbox 360 slim power button lights 1,3, and 4 are blinking. What does this mean?

joe0ne, Sep 12, 2014
  3. Xbox Hard Drive Issue

I recently bought an Xbox 360 S genuine microsoft drvie from ebay but it wont work on my Xbox 360E console i get error code E 68 and no red blinking lights just a solid red light in center of power button. Any advice?

GermfreePine065, Sep 12, 2014
  4. BlitheMold81908 Win User

New XBox 360e will not perform background downloads when turned off

To clarify part of my last post...after powering off machine, it stops downloading (the slow blinking green light on power button stops blinking completely). The light only pulses about 3 times which is approx.12 seconds and then shuts down completely,
    no more lights. Sorry for going on here just want to be as clear as possible. Thanks again!
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

I'm sick of Xbox!

I had the slim for almost a year. Although its on its way to texas for repair as i type this... Its a really good and efficant console. it never overheats unless you cause it, It aslo shutdowns if it notces it is getting to hot. unlike the xbox 360 orignal.
    There are Very FEW defective Xbox 360 Slims out there. As for mine the Disc tray would not move for some odd reason even with the manual relese and the power light kept flashing. lucky for me the 1 year warrenty had not expired yet :)
  6. ZacPeters1 Win User

Xbox one S

No its not fast. It blinks slow like it usually does before it powers off but instead of blinking once or twice like normal it just keeps going.

I should add too that the controller light stays on and connected too. It wont turn off either. I’ve tried the go-to hard reset as well and it didn’t fix the issue.
  7. SlayerTank99 Win User

Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

When the power light blinks constantly it means that the Xbox One is downloading a dashboard or service update.

You can disable background downloads in settings.
  8. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox Wireless headset is blinking orange fast while charging

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Maksym, a rapidly blinking orange light indicates that the headset battery is very low.

After it is fully charged, does it continue to flash?

This is the official default headset configuration:

No light: headset is off

Solid white light (when headset is in use): headset is on

Solid white light (when headset is charging): headset battery is fully charged

Blinking white light (slow): headset is in discovery mode (looking for an established connection); LED stops flashing when successful connection is made

Blinking white light (fast): headset is in pairing mode (looking for a new connection); LED stops flashing when successful connection is made

Solid orange light: battery is low

Solid orange light (fast): Battery charge is critical

Blinking orange light (slow): Headset battery is charging

Fast flickering between orange and white: headset is clearing current pairing information
Thema:

1. xbox 360 slim very slow, blinking light on shutdown, wont download any kind of update - Similar Threads - 360 slim very

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...