Xbox 360 slim turns on and off randomly

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim turns on and off randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so I bought my xbox around November 2010, and it was fine until about a month ago, when it just randomly turned off not even a minute after I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I Pro Gamer 23, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 slim turns on and off randomly

Okay so I bought my xbox around November 2010, and it was fine until about a month ago, when it just randomly turned off not even a minute after I turned it on so i opened up the power brick since the light was orange, it had dust, i cleaned it, and then
    the light was green. the problem still went on, so i opened up the system it too had dust and then I cleaned it, i played one day well then the next it kept going, it randomly tirns on and off its starting to annoy me. i have a feeling its the sensor but i
    dont know how to see of theres a roach or something,(i helped my dad open the system) icant take it for repair, i had to cut the warrantysticket

:)

I Pro Gamer 23, Mar 29, 2014
  2. STK iClutch
    STK iClutch Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim Turns On and Off Randomly

I just bought an xbox 360 from craigslist and i tested it at his house before i bought it and everything was working fine. As soon as i got home it turned off all the sudden when i was 15min into a game, it was not hot so it didn't overheat, and i didn't
    do anything to it on my way home.

Now whenever i turn it on it will turn off after about 30s and on again after about 10s. So far i have tried wiping off the power button, switching outlets, and placing the xbox upright. Im pretty pissed off especially if this guy knew the xbox had this
    problem. Is there any solutions to this problem? If nothing works and i want to go get it fixed how do i bring it to xbox and roughly how much will it cost?

thanks...

STK iClutch, Mar 29, 2014
  3. killer96677
    killer96677 Guest
    Xbox keeps shutting off.

I have an Xbox 360 Slim and it keeps randomly shutting off. Whenever it shuts off it dosn't have the red rings however the light on the power supply turns red. Any tips.

killer96677, Mar 29, 2014
  4. skys7
    skys7 Guest

You should never open up your console, you could send it in for repair now you cant.

Please rad the ToU.

If the power brick turns orange there are other ways to try to fix it you don´t need to open it.

Here is some info how you should treat your power cord :

support.xbox.com/.../power-supply

If you have no green light just plug the power cord somewhere else maybe your power socket is broke.

skys7, Mar 30, 2014
  5. skys7 Win User

You should never open up your console, you could send it in for repair now you cant.

Please rad the ToU.

If the power brick turns orange there are other ways to try to fix it you don´t need to open it.

Here is some info how you should treat your power cord :

support.xbox.com/.../power-supply

If you have no green light just plug the power cord somewhere else maybe your power socket is broke.
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Xbox 360 slim randomly turns off.

Hey there Luc3 D3lla Luna!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  7. Luc3 D3lla Luna Win User

well i have the same problem and i cleaned all around it and it keeps turning itself off. I'm really not happy with Xbox This is the Third Xbox i had and i still have problems. Can someone please help i know alot of people are having this problem
  8. Photonimus Win User

There's possibly minor dust and dirt around the sensitive button.
  9. Mister Cerb Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Turns On and Off Randomly

Hey there KoD iClutch! I'm sorry to say that it sounds like you bought a damaged console.

I suggest working through our
    No Power Solution
    to see if that works for you.

If it doesn't, try
    removing the hard drive
    and using the console with no hard drive inserted. If the console continues not to work, it sounds like you'll need to send it in for a repair. Here's our
    how to get your Xbox product repaired support article with tips on how to get started.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions. ^_^
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim turns on and off randomly - Similar Threads - 360 slim turns

2. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?: The power brick is orange. The usb ports pins seem to not be bent. I’ve deep cleaned both the Xbox and power supply making sure there isn’t a single speck of dust left. I’m still left with it...
  5. SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON: So, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong w/my Xbox, so I turned to you guys. My battery pack (on the main power cord) stays orange, and when I power it on it goes green for a sec, then...
  6. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  7. xbox 360 slim won´t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim won´t turn on: since yesterday i got the problem that my xbox 360 slim won´t turn on. when i touch the power button it peeps and the middle led is turning green and fans start spinning, but only for half a...
  8. XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?: Our XBox 360 S stopped working. When you try to turn it on, the power button flashes for a few seconds and it sounds like a fan is blowing, then it just shuts off. I made sure there is plenty of...
  9. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...: when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...