Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently my 360 has started running very slow taking about 5 mins just to complete the start up process, when i get to to the sign in screen i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A YorkshireZulu, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live

So recently my 360 has started running very slow taking about 5 mins just to complete the start up process, when i get to to the sign in screen i select my profile which then takes another few minutes to start going and then i get cant connect to live, i
    run the tests everything comes back fine. I've cleared the cache and my router isnt the issue as my other 360 works fine as does my xbox one, the strangest thing i've noticed is that when i'm not signed into a profile xbox live is working i.e. all the adverts
    are there and i access them but as soon as i try to sign into any profile it just kills live.

help please.

:)

A YorkshireZulu, Oct 28, 2014
  2. Big Meat TCN
    Big Meat TCN Guest
    Cant Connect To Xbox Live!

My xbox 360 slim connects to the internet and everything but wont connect to live. why is that?

Big Meat TCN, Oct 28, 2014
  3. HORUS XXVI
    HORUS XXVI Guest
    Hello Evryone!!

Hello evryone!!

I want to connect my Xbox 360 slim to Xbox LIVE.

I have ADSL but it's too slow(256 kb/s).

Can I connect 3G to my Xbox?

HORUS XXVI, Oct 28, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Do you have any USB devices attached to the console? If so then please remove them and reboot the console. If you notice an increase in speed the issue was being caused by the devices.

At least that's what I noticed when my console started slowing down.

onyxishere, Oct 29, 2014
  5. matchar27
    matchar27 Guest
    I have no usb connected and I have the same problem, but I just recently connect a kinect

matchar27, Oct 29, 2014
  6. Ended up having to completely wipe and reset the hdd was the only solution i could come up with after the usual suspects where cleared, i.e. clear cache, reset wifi connections i would however only do my step as a last resort

A YorkshireZulu, May 11, 2015
  7. eViL Zombrex
    eViL Zombrex Guest
    yea i had to do this same exact thing today

eViL Zombrex, Oct 31, 2018
  8. matchar27 Win User

I have no usb connected and I have the same problem, but I just recently connect a kinect
  9. eViL Zombrex Win User

yea i had to do this same exact thing today
  10. onyxishere Win User

Do you have any USB devices attached to the console? If so then please remove them and reboot the console. If you notice an increase in speed the issue was being caused by the devices.

At least that's what I noticed when my console started slowing down.
  11. A YorkshireZulu Win User

Ended up having to completely wipe and reset the hdd was the only solution i could come up with after the usual suspects where cleared, i.e. clear cache, reset wifi connections i would however only do my step as a last resort
  12. Mellerker600 Win User

Is the reason why many people are randomly disconnecting because of our router model?

Is there a chance that I connected twice on xbox live on my xbox 360 slim E model.Once on wired and once on wireless.I'm not very happy xbox live user.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim running very slow and wont connect to live - Similar Threads - 360 slim running

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...