Xbox 360 slim randomly beeps and buttons not working!

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim randomly beeps and buttons not working! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My 250 gb Xbox 360 slim has been randomly making the on/off and disc tray open/close noise when the Xbox is on and off. It will beep even when the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JFry99, Jul 18, 2015.

1. JFry99
    JFry99 Guest

My 250 gb Xbox 360 slim has been randomly making the on/off and disc tray open/close noise when the Xbox is on and off. It will beep even when the power brick is in standby mode (orange light). It has been doing this for about two weeks now. I have tried
    cleaning the buttons with Q-tips but it still beeps randomly. It is not persistent either. It might beep once in an hour or twice in 5 minutes. It's just completely random! The buttons will also sometimes not work when I touch them. On 2 different occasions
    while I was playing my Xbox my disk tray opened without anyone or anything touching it. I have had this Xbox since it came out and have not had any problems until recently. Please someone from Xbox support email me at
    [Mod Removed - Please don't post your personal information on this public forum.] to try and figure out what is going on.

:)

JFry99, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Xbox Slim will turn off at random...

also having issues whit a 250 gb slim shutting down randomly. beeps like the power button was hit and shuts down with no error messages. there was a smudge on the button but i wiped it down to no prevail. help xbox!!!!

FeedmeorsUffer, Jul 18, 2015
  3. matteehr
    matteehr Guest
    My console is no longer making noise!

So it's not a big deal or anything but my Xbox Slim no longer beeps when hitting the power button or the disc tray button and i just wanna know if it's something I can fix?

matteehr, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Hard to say dude. Try to unplug your console and let it sit for a few hours then plugging it back in. It's very possible that your buttons are damaged from continuous use and the smallest change in what pressure is applied to them (even air pressure) could
    cause them to register a press.

Irixion, Jul 20, 2015
  5. Irixion Win User

Hard to say dude. Try to unplug your console and let it sit for a few hours then plugging it back in. It's very possible that your buttons are damaged from continuous use and the smallest change in what pressure is applied to them (even air pressure) could
    cause them to register a press.
  6. FeedmeorsUffer Win User

Xbox Slim will turn off at random...

also having issues whit a 250 gb slim shutting down randomly. beeps like the power button was hit and shuts down with no error messages. there was a smudge on the button but i wiped it down to no prevail. help xbox!!!!
  7. Mythic xSagex Win User

Kinect won't beep when turning on

Oh yeah... The slim "Beeps" when you touch the eject or power button
  8. Tut0r Win User

Xbox beeping and turning off randomly

Firstly what type of xbox 360 do you have? You're right sometimes the button can get stuck on the original xbox 360 consoles. If you have the slim, when it beeps does it ever open the disc tray by itself? Does it ever shut off randomly? If you think its
    a sensor related issue and you still have warranty I suggest going here
    support.xbox.com/.../repair
    to request a repair. Untill then when you give us further information might be able to assist a bit more :)
  9. Eksbaks2007 Win User

console banned ? xbox broke? hard drive broke?

ON Dec. 10 while watching on youtube I turned off my slim then after an hour turn it back on ..but it only gives me the beep each time you touch the power or eject button ... power brick ok tested it on my friend's working slim..... Is this RROD related
    ? Until now my slim xbox 4gb is dead.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim randomly beeps and buttons not working! - Similar Threads - 360 slim randomly

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Random Reboot Loop Solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Random Reboot Loop Solution: Hey guys/girls Was recently having an issue with my Xbox 360 slim 250 Gb rebooting randomly, sometimes within seconds of me turning it on, sometimes not at all, and everywhere in between. This...
  10. Xbox 360 slim Random Shutoff

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim Random Shutoff: recently whenever i turn off my xbox what happens is it will not stay on for longer then a few seconds before shutting off. It only started happening recently and i tryed new power outlet cleaned...