Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had my 360 Slim probably about 6 years now. Used it constantly for the first 2 or so years until the console itself started making a stupidly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Corvinus96, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Corvinus96
    Corvinus96 Guest

So I've had my 360 Slim probably about 6 years now. Used it constantly for the first 2 or so years until the console itself started making a stupidly loud noise, found out all these years later it was something that had fallen into the fan and was jammed,
    but had fallen out. However now the power supply block is making a loud vibration noise, due to the fact that it's no longer under warranty after all these years I had a friend try to fix it, and it worked for a couple days but the vibration has started again.
    We assumed it was the A/C fan inside jamming or maybe even binding to the magnet but I'm not so sure as the fix we'd been suggested obviously didn't "fix" it. I'm trying to avoid replacing the whole thing if I can, if there's anything else anyone can think
    of that could be causing the vibration I'd really like some help. (It's not dust, I cleaned it all out this morning and it's still going nuts.)

:)

Corvinus96, Mar 20, 2017
  2. Jimmy Vu
    Jimmy Vu Guest
    Where to buy Xbox 360 slim power supply in a retail store?

My power supply is dying and the fan inside is covered and dust so it would turn off every several hours where can I buy an xbox 360 slim power supply in a retail store and not online?

Jimmy Vu, Mar 20, 2017
  3. fede722001
    fede722001 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim power supply

Hi

I have a Xbox 360 slim and the power supply is broken. I have a friend with an Xbox 360 ultra slim who can give me his power supply.

¿Can an Xbox 360 slim use the power supply of the Xbox 360 ultra slim?

Thanks and sorry for my english I'm from Argentina.

fede722001, Mar 20, 2017
  4. indycyclone Win User

slim xbox power supply fan running , no power to console or light on brick

the slim power supply has a fan.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Replacement power supply for a Xbox 360?

Hi, I have an Xbox 360 that the power supply seems to be failing on. I would like to purchase a new power supply but am having trouble finding one, would a power supply for a Xbox 360s slim be compatible?
    No. The xbox 360 slim power supplies have a completely different connector so those wont work with a normal 360.
  6. MyJewlzHurt Win User

My Xbox Slim is broken, any advice?

You may have to replace the power supply. If you know of someone with another Slim Xbox 360, see if you can try their power supply.
  7. skys7 Win User

Power supply from Africa to Canada

You are using the Kinect for a standard 360 not a Slim right?

If it´s a Slim you do not need to use a power supply for the Kinect.

If it´s not the Slim you just get a official Kinect power supply and it should work.
  8. comLISTERcom Win User

The console stays on for a second and then turns off

I mean the light of current power supply. I have a xbox 360 slim
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim power supply fan vibrating - Similar Threads - 360 Slim power

2. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ?: Some 360 Slims are rated 9.6A and some are rated 10.83A. Can I use a 9.6A power supply with a 10.83A 360 Slim ? 349a58e8-cbf9-49e7-b0e8-00c144d610bf
  3. Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find a new official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply?: Anybody know where I could order an official MS brand 360 Slim Power Supply brick? Mine has been starting to make a lot of noise lately. I keep it (and all my other electronics) sprayed out once a...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  5. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange: Hello, II use my console occasionally, a few times a year. I tried to turn it on today but it won't turn on anymore, but the power supply is orange. I've tried different power outlet in my house...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  7. xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 e slim not turning on but power supply is orange: Hello, so I've not used this Xbox for a very long time maybe around 6-8 months, and then I wanted to play again, so I take it out of the box and when I push the power button it didn't work, but...
  8. Power supply issues Xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply issues Xbox 360 slim: I've gone through 3 power supply bricks in the last year on my Xbox 360 slim and was wondering if maybe I'm just buying faulty power supply bricks or if maybe there's something wrong with the...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Turning Red -Is it the console, the power brick, or the voltage?: Hi, I'm pretty new to the community. This is my first post. I have an Xbox 360 Slim and had received it through a friend. I'm not sure how old it is, but it can still power on and play games no...
  10. Je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine[I'm looking for a power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine[I'm looking for a power...: Bonjour je cherche un bloc d'alimentation pour xbox 360 slim d'origine. Ou je pourrais en avoir?J'ai regarder sur le web mais beaucoup vendent la version compatible et bruyante. Merci....