xbox 360 slim not picking up official 250 gb hdd

Discus and support xbox 360 slim not picking up official 250 gb hdd in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have bought an Xbox 360 slim halo reach version that didn't come with a HDD, so I went on line and bought an official Microsoft 250 GB hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RGA0, Oct 20, 2014.

1. RGA0
    RGA0 Guest

Hi all,

I have bought an Xbox 360 slim halo reach version that didn't come with a HDD, so I went on line and bought an official Microsoft 250 GB hard drive. When I plug it in and go to the setting it doesn't appear. What can I do?

:)

2. transferring from old 250gb HDD to new 250 Xbox slim - old HDD not recognised

Hi,

My old fat 360 (with official 250 GB HDD) red ringed and I decided to upgrade to a 360 slim model, also with 250 GB HDD.

I also bought a new official microsoft transfer cable (one that allows transfer between 2 slims).

However, the new 360 slim does not recognise the old 250 external hard drive when I plug it in via the transfer cable. No "Do you want to transfer content" message appears. I have updated to the latest firmware, and tried using the "memory" option in systems
    settings, but no luck.

So... is the 250 GB HDD recongised using a new official transfer cable?

Thanks!!!

Duck Duck Quack, Oct 20, 2014
  3. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Who now find themselfs have more xbox time withe one then the 360?

Xbox 360 was originaly sold with a 20 GB HDD or without HDD.

To take an example FFXI was at launch 11GB.

I took several years to use an external HDD and only Microsoft/Xbox HDD were compatible on Xbox 360,before that.

100 GB with Xbox 360 Elite.

250 GB with Xbox 360 slim.

Tzar of kaos, Oct 20, 2014
  4. xbox 360 slim not picking up official 250 gb hdd

Where did you purchase the hard drive from? You may need to return it to whomever sold it to you.

HomegrownSilky, Oct 20, 2014
  5. RGA0
    RGA0 Guest
    okay and thank you, i bought the HDD off of ebay lol, the description said that it had been formatted and wiped ready for use. i shall contact him and see, thanks again

6. RGA0
    RGA0 Guest
    i have contacted the seller and he said to plug it into my pc with the transfer cable and it does appear on my pc just wondering if this changes anything. thanks Ed

7. No it doesn't. Xbox hard drives are not meant to be read by a PC and the transfer cable is not intended to be used in that manner. If your Xbox isn't recognizing the drive then you will need to return it.

HomegrownSilky, Oct 31, 2018
  8. HomegrownSilky Win User

No it doesn't. Xbox hard drives are not meant to be read by a PC and the transfer cable is not intended to be used in that manner. If your Xbox isn't recognizing the drive then you will need to return it.
  9. HomegrownSilky Win User

Where did you purchase the hard drive from? You may need to return it to whomever sold it to you.
  10. RGA0 Win User

okay and thank you, i bought the HDD off of ebay lol, the description said that it had been formatted and wiped ready for use. i shall contact him and see, thanks again
  11. RGA0 Win User

i have contacted the seller and he said to plug it into my pc with the transfer cable and it does appear on my pc just wondering if this changes anything. thanks Ed
  12. Danno McK. Win User

XBox Halo 2 will not play on XBox 360

[quote user="Irish Elf"]And I just read something about how if its the 4GB Xbox Slim, it will not work. Well, I have that and I also have a 120GB HD.[/quote]

There was no Microsoft 120 GB HDD for the 360S consoles; they started with 250 GB and are now available in 320 GB. You'll be able to play original Xbox games on a 4GB 360S console if you add an official Microsoft HDD in 250 GB or 320 GB. (It's always
    been the case that only official Microsoft HDDs enabled backward compatibility, for the games on BC list.)
Thema:

1. xbox 360 slim not picking up official 250 gb hdd - Similar Threads - 360 slim picking

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. 360 Slim doesn’t pick up any nearby networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim doesn’t pick up any nearby networks: Hello, Seems like my 360 slim now has the pretty common network card failure. Update: now even with an external network adapter, the 360 says there’s no wireless networks, and there is no...