Xbox 360 Slim, No Signal / Controllers doesn't connect

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim, No Signal / Controllers doesn't connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone ! First of all I would like to apologize if I make any grammatical error, English is not my main language : ) So basically my Xbox 360... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VizardYahiko, Mar 6, 2015.

1. VizardYahiko
    VizardYahiko Guest

Hi Everyone ! First of all I would like to apologize if I make any grammatical error, English is not my main language : )

So basically my Xbox 360 Slim simply stop working from one day to another. It all start a few weeks ago when I was playing Forza 3 and the game freeze while loading. I wait for a while but nothing happened so I restart the Xbox and everything went back to
    normal. This happened 2 or 3 times during that week, until one day when I turn on the Xbox I've got no TV signal. The Xbox turns on, I can hear the fan spinning and the middle green light is lit (the outside ring is all dark), but that's it. I've got no TV
    signal and the controllers doesn't synchronize with the console. So, this is what I have already tried:

- 3 different TV's

- different HDMI cables

- HD component and AV cables

- Wireless and Wired Controllers

- I can turn on the Xbox with both controllers w/ guide button but they don't synchronize. The wireless one just keep blinking all 4 lights, the wired stay with the 4 lights green but dont blink, and sometimes it just stay "dark and silent".

- The controller works fine in the PC, so they're not faulty.

- Tried Reset Display Settings, nothing happened

- Tried Clear System Upgrade, nothing happened

So, is there anything else I can do ? The console is already 3 years, so it's no longer under warranty. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Sorry for the long post \:

:)

VizardYahiko, Mar 6, 2015
  2. FIeXd
    FIeXd Guest
    Old Xbox 360 controller not working on slim

My old Xbox 360 controller works on my Xbox phat, but why can't it work on the slim?? When I try to connect it to the Xbox, the controller flashes and doesn't connect. The Xbox slim controllers and old controllers are nothing different except the dome button
    is chrome.

FIeXd, Mar 6, 2015
  3. Macman6655
    Macman6655 Guest
    Can't connect xbox 360 slim to a wireless network

I am trying to connect my xbox 360 slim to my wifi network but it doesn't work. My mac is emitting a wifi signal and my xbox can see it but can't connect to my wifi network. What is wrong?

Macman6655, Mar 6, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sounds like an issue with the video card. Are you able to try connecting the console via component cables to see if you get a video signal that way?

If it doesn't work then you may need to send it in for a repair.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

onyxishere, Mar 7, 2015
  5. VizardYahiko
    VizardYahiko Guest
    Yes, I already tried connecting the console via component cables in different TV's and nothing happened.

VizardYahiko, Mar 7, 2015
  6. VizardYahiko
    VizardYahiko Guest
    So, today after almost a year I tried to turn on the XBox again and it did ! But... As soon as it turned on it asked for an update which I said yes and after the update it went back to black screen again --'

VizardYahiko, Oct 31, 2018
  7. davemcfly85 Win User

XBOX 360 Live, Wireless adapters?

unless you have a 360 slim with the built in wireless, the only way to receive a wireless signal is a wireless bridge that plugs into your 360's ethernet jack on the back and that unit should be able to connect to the wireless signal. if it is a usb based
    wireless receiver like for a PC then it will not work.
  8. MAD ADY Win User

360 Slim HDMI will no longer show up on older plasma (50Hz) TV's after connecting to new 60Hz 4k TV.

Update:

My 360 Slim WILL display on older TV's when I use an Xbox One in pass-through or TV mode!

Interestingly, when I power on the older TV with the XBone, it momentarily displays 60Hz on the screen, so I think that the TV will display 60Hz fine. Rebooting the TV confirms that it is receiving 60Hz signal fine, plus when I change between resolutions
    etc on the XBone, the TV handles all settings no probs.

This means that the 360 is somehow not detecting the TV & applying the correct HDMI output to get a signal. The 360 Slim HDMI must be detecting the XBone as a valid HDMI receiver, & the One is then handling the 360 output to suit the TV.

Points more & more to an issue with the Slim Box's HDMI management. Forcing manual settings still doesn't work - if I plug the Slim into the TV after seeing it work through the XBone, there is no signal.

What do you make of that???
  9. CrazyIvan316 Win User

wifi adapter

Im pretty sure that you cant use the old wifi adaptors with the xbox 360 slim because the internal wifi connection utilizes wifi-N, the newer standard of wireless connections and may not properly interface with the xbox 360 slim.

As for getting a better signal.... i dont think it really makes a difference, most issues regarding that usually are environmental issues surrounding the 360 and nearby access point or the router. For instance having thick walls, microwaves, other computers
    running wireless, etc.
  10. Toad 004 Win User

Built In Wireless explanation.

A wireless ISP (ex. Sprint) connects through a wireless card over a cell phone network.

How the xbox connects is it connects through your wifi signal from your router. How your router gets the signal to send out doesn't matter. So, rather than plug your xbox 360 into your router, it connects through the signal it broadcasts. It is using your
    same internet connection.
  11. SYNE5TERxG4TES Win User

Xbox 360 can't update

mmmmmm, it won't even let me connect a controller. The Xbox controller gives the signal until I press the sync button on the xbox, at this point they both stop and the controller doesn't get connected. Before when I did have a controller, it wouldn't let
    me leave the error screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim, No Signal / Controllers doesn't connect - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Signal

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim unable to connect or find a wifi signal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim unable to connect or find a wifi signal.: Pretty much as the title says. I recently bought a slim that was pre-owned and set it up properly. For the first couple of days, I had no problem with connecting to live, but as of about four days...