Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this morning everything was fine. I just got home and turned my Xbox on to run into an unfortunate problem; I'm getting video but no audio. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SanctusSicarius, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI

So this morning everything was fine. I just got home and turned my Xbox on to run into an unfortunate problem; I'm getting video but no audio. I tried another cable, another input port on my tv, another tv, and a third hdmi cable, and all combinations of
    these. I haven't gone into my attic yet to dig out my composite cable to see if the audio is coming through that. The only solution that I've found on the internet so far is to turn Display Discovery off, and for everybody else this seems to be a miracle cure,
    but it didn't help me at all. I'm updated to the most recent system update. Is there any other possible solution to this problem that anyone knows?

Thanks, Dylan

P.s. If you're send me to this page don't even bother commenting; Xbox 360 : Console

:)

SanctusSicarius, Jan 28, 2014
  2. Sun-Tracker
    Sun-Tracker Guest
    No More Video Output to Monitor

Hi.

I'm going to try and be as detailed as possible with this one. About to pull hair out.

----------------------------------------------------

Materials On-Hand:

Xbox 360 Slim (The Culprit)

Xbox 360 Pro with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

Laptop Computer with HDMI Output (Alternate Test Subject)

HDMI-HDMI Cable (Works Fine)

HDMI-DVI Cable (Works Fine)

Dell 2408WFP Monitor (Has DVI Port, HDMI Port, Composite Video Port)

Dell 2208WFPt Monitor (Has DVI Port)

40" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

60" Sony LCD TV (1080P Capable)

History:

- For the past 7 months, I've had my Xbox 360 Slim connected to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor with an HDMI-HDMI Cable. No issues.

- A couple of weeks ago, I lent my xbox to a friend a couple doors away. He has a Dell 2208WFPt monitor, which does not have an HDMI Input. I gave him an HDMI-DVI cable to use, and it worked on the monitor with no issues.

- When I got my xbox back, it refuses to output a video signal to my Dell 2408WFP Monitor via HDMI-HDMI or HDMI-DVI. Nothing I do can get it to output to my monitor (which it was working fine with for the 7 months prior to me hooking it up via HDMI-DVI to
    the Dell 2208WFPt).

Configurations Tested:

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = NO Video/Audio

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    NO Video/Audio

Laptop Computer + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor = Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP HDMI Port and HDMI-HDMI cable both work)

Laptop Computer + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that 2408WFP DVI Port and HDMI-DVI Cable both work)

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-HDMI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2408WFP Monitor =
    Video/Audio GOOD

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-DVI Cable + Dell 2208WFPt Monitor =
    Video GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs DVI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 40" Sony LCD TV =
    Video/Audio GOOD (Proves that Xbox 360 Slim still outputs HDMI Signal OK)

Xbox 360 Slim + HDMI-HDMI Cable + 60" Sony LCD TV = Video/Audio GOOD

Troubleshooting Options Attempted:

Factory-Reset Dell 2408WFP Monitor

Turning Display Discovery Off

Turning Display Discovery On

Attempting to Reset Display Settings with Right-Trigger + "Y" Button upon Boot

Hooking Xbox 360 Slim up to Dell 2208WFPt monitor, setting a lower resolution, and hot-swapping to Dell 2408WFP monitor (Both HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI Cables)

"Blindly" Navigating Menus while hooked up to Dell 2408 WFP monitor (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI) to modify Display Discovery settings and selected resolutions

Hot-Swapping between Xbox 360 Pro (Borrowed from Friend) and
    Xbox 360 Slim

Hot-Swapping between Laptop Computer and
    Xbox 360 Slim (HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables)

With all of the above, my Dell 2408WFP Monitor immediately goes into Power-Save Mode when the
    Xbox 360 Slim is hooked up to it. The monitor works with another xbox, a laptop, and via multiple cables. Therefore I know that the ports are good, the cables are good, and the monitor is good.... but it refuses
    to display anything from my particular Xbox 360 Slim. Ever since being hooked up to the Dell 2208WFPt monitor via HDMI-DVI, it simply will not work with the Dell 2408WFP Monitor. I cannot think of any other options.
    The Xbox 360 Slim works fine on any other display I try it on. Another Xbox works fine on the Dell 2408WFP Monitor with both the HDMI-HDMI and HDMI-DVI cables. As a reminder, the
    Xbox 360 Slim worked just fine with the Dell 2408WFP monitor for 7 months via the HDMI-HDMI cable.

I appreciate any assistance that can be provided. I don't know what else to do. It's very mysterious. Thanks.

Sun-Tracker, Jan 28, 2014
  3. SandM1tch
    SandM1tch Guest
    How many of you use the S-Video Cable?

[quote user="l Archvile l"]

Nope, got an HDTV, would like to use HDMI, but headsets like turtle beach require you to use component

[/quote]

No, you can buy the HDMI Audio Adapter for Xbox 360. Plug in both the Audio adapter and HDMI cable (Audio Adapter is made SLIM enough to fit with an HDMI cable)

Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI [​IMG]

SandM1tch, Jan 28, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI

Update: even with my composite cable there's no audio. It's not my TV, that's working fine with other devices.

SanctusSicarius, Jan 28, 2014
  5. SanctusSicarius Win User

Update: even with my composite cable there's no audio. It's not my TV, that's working fine with other devices.
  6. TMX boxburn Win User

HDMI & Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable connections

Hey GamersCircle360! As the Xbox 360 cannot output for two different cables, the AV port and HDMI port are spaced close together to prevent you from plugging in both an AV lead and a HDMI lead. In order to get Red/White phono audio while using HDMI you will
    need to get a Xbox 360 RCA Audio Cable such as this one:
    www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_cp_vg_h__3
  7. ChickinOnaChain Win User

HDMI and HD adaptor with Turtle Beach Headphones problem

8. SandM1tch Win User

How many of you use the S-Video Cable?

[quote user="l Archvile l"]

Nope, got an HDTV, would like to use HDMI, but headsets like turtle beach require you to use component

[/quote]

No, you can buy the HDMI Audio Adapter for Xbox 360. Plug in both the Audio adapter and HDMI cable (Audio Adapter is made SLIM enough to fit with an HDMI cable)

[​IMG]
  9. NadoHawk6 Win User

Just one little question for the HD guys out here.

I suggest that you use HDMI for the video and then buy the adapter (I got mine off ebay for less than 5 dollars I believe), but since this is an Xbox site you can buy the official Xbox kit which I believe includes the HDMI and audio adapter if you do not
    have TOSLINK (assuming you have the Slim).

If you have the non-Slim, you need the adapter for Toslink (if you have Slim, it is the port to the left of the HDMI slot). You can send the Toslink to the surround system (it should have it, otherwise use the audio adapter to send the red and white composite
    audio to the system). HDMi is the best for audio, then comes Toslink, and then red and white analog.

I hope this helps.

PS Can someone post an image of that Xbox 360 adapter? I don't know the code to post images.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim no audio thorough HDMI - Similar Threads - 360 slim audio

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 e slim on but no video or audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 e slim on but no video or audio: I was playing my xbox on say a Thursday then i take my xbox with me to a friends house to Friday and he has an HDMI splitter (i use HDMI) and when he couldn't figure out which one to plug in he...
  9. Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen is heavily saturated with green and red AND no audio - Xbox 360 Slim: Using an HDMI cord, there is no sound and there are green and reddish tinted streaks taking up the entire screen. I've tried different HDMI cords, checked the port, and plugged the console into my...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim No Audio on DVD's: My Xbox 360 Silm is plugged into my TV through an HDMI cable. On the dashboard and playing games the audio works fine, but once I try to play a movie on a dvd the sound does not play. The video...