Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Slytistik, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Slytistik
    Slytistik Guest

Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes an Xbox Original game disc it loads it then says game cannot
    be started. Please try downloading again. Then with 360 games it doesn't register at all. I have tried all the steps to the Disc Drive Trouble shooting. Any additional help would be appreciated.

:)

Slytistik, Jun 20, 2014
  2. Resident Evil 5: error code 03-80-00 on Xbox 360 S

Please excuse me if this is already a known and documented issue, but I was unable to find anything by searching the forum, so I'd like to know for sure.

I have found that the disc version of Resident Evil 5 apparently cannot be recognized by the Xbox 360 S model for some reason. I never had any problem with it on the original "fat" Xbox 360 model, but when I try to install or play it on an S model, I get
    an "unrecognized disc" error 03-80-00.

I have tested this on two different Xbox 360s of each model. Both of the original-configuration models are able to read and play the disc without any problems. Both of the S models get the same read error. One of those had no USB or storage units attached
    at the time.

The disc itself is spotless but I have tried running it through a professional-grade CD buffer anyway; no effect. Clearing my Xbox 360's system cache had no effect either.

I have only experienced this problem with this one, single game (Resident Evil 5). My Xbox 360 S reads every one of my other 40 Xbox 360 discs without any problems whatsoever. This leads me to wonder if there is a known issue with this game. Can anyone confirm
    this?

Cylor-BDCBB676-07B3-44D1-884A-C059B33CF155, Jun 20, 2014
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    2012 games not reading HELP

Hello,

Is this the only game that's not reading on your Holiday 2008 XBOX 360? If it's just this disk, you should understand that not all XBOX 360's were manufactured the same way. Like all technology, when later models come out they are made faster, and better, your
    friends newer slim more than likely has a better disc drive with the ability to read a game that has more scratches on it.

If your getting a disc unreadable error with multiple games on your console then you may want to look over this guide
    here and follow through with the instructions.

HassanB, Jun 20, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

I'm sorry about your issue there. Unfortunately, if the disc drive trouble-shooter was not able to help, your consoles DVD drive is faulty. The only option now is either a repair from Microsoft or a new console. There are no other options. Sorry about
    that.

Create Xbox Console or Kinect Service Order | Xbox Repair

Obsessive Power, Jun 20, 2014
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

I'm sorry about your issue there. Unfortunately, if the disc drive trouble-shooter was not able to help, your consoles DVD drive is faulty. The only option now is either a repair from Microsoft or a new console. There are no other options. Sorry about
    that.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/repair/repair-process
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

BLACK for Xbox 360 error

The model numbers need not match. The model you describe will fit an Xbox 360 S (also called "slim", has touch-sensitive drive slot button and "ring of light") or an Xbox 360 E (last generation model, has push-button disc tray) console.
  7. TuckinPhypo Win User

Xbox 360 (slim - 250gb) won't play XBOX games

My Xbox 360 slim is the 250gb model. Fable and Indigo Prophecy work as downloaded games. No XBOX games work if they are on discs.
  8. HassanB Win User

2012 games not reading HELP

Hello,

Is this the only game that's not reading on your Holiday 2008 XBOX 360? If it's just this disk, you should understand that not all XBOX 360's were manufactured the same way. Like all technology, when later models come out they are made faster, and better, your
    friends newer slim more than likely has a better disc drive with the ability to read a game that has more scratches on it.

If your getting a disc unreadable error with multiple games on your console then you may want to look over this guide
    here and follow through with the instructions.
  9. KiiGradient Win User

Solid red light on Xbox 360

The RROD is only applicable to original Xbox 360 models. OP has a Xbox 360 Slim model, which does not suffer from RRODs.

-Kii
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360. - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Model

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. 360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim network card model, what’s the difference?: Pretty technical question here: So I’ve already gone through two replacement network cards, one didn’t last an hour before it stopped picking up wireless networks. The free replacement under the...
  6. HELP! My Xbox 360 slim(model 1439) showing me this ERROR CODE 3F4B-4467-1781-0300-C800-0036 ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! My Xbox 360 slim(model 1439) showing me this ERROR CODE 3F4B-4467-1781-0300-C800-0036 ...: Please help, as i'm tired and Unable to update update, my Xbox 360 SLim model 1439, it's is stock console, it is not moded, but it keeps on failing, i even tried to update manually by USB...
  7. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim model 1439 Freeze on Splash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim model 1439 Freeze on Splash: After recent update my 360 slim shows a glitchy splash screen and freezes about half way though every time. There are no red lights on the power brick or system. So far I have: Checked ALL...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data: If you have a xbox 360 slim 4gb new model, 2012 and the internal memory went bad, or corrupt, right after you warranty ends, Let get Microsoft to fix our console for free.out of warranty...