Xbox 360 slim Keeps Freezing

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim Keeps Freezing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple days ago I started up my xbox 360 slim normally(bought it in fall of 2011) and decided to play Thief for the first time. When I started it up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Codxcoconut, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Codxcoconut
    Codxcoconut Guest

A couple days ago I started up my xbox 360 slim normally(bought it in fall of 2011) and decided to play Thief for the first time. When I started it up my xbox crashed and I had to restart it, only to have it freeze when I got to the dashboard. I restarted
    my console more times then I could count and it would keep freezing, sometimes not even reaching the dashboard. Every once in a while it would tell me that there were corrupt files and that I needed to get a system update to fix it, but as soon as it was
    finished my xbox would just freeze again. If I left it off and unplugged long enough then I could mess with the settings for a minute or two, but that was it.

So far after looking at other people's advice I tried it without my 250gb hard drive and it worked but if I used any other storage devices even if they were configured and formatted the console would still just freeze. I've cleared the cache on my hard drive
    and even moved game saves over to the cloud then formatted it. After that the console was a little bit less laggy and I could go about 5 minutes without it freezing, but it still didn't fix the issue. Because of this I assume it's the xbox itself that's
    the problem but nothing is near it and nothing is covering the fan, and I even rubbed it with a dry cloth to get rid of the dust, but it still won't work.

I've realized that I'll probably have to get my console repaired(off warranty) or buy a new one but before I do that I wanted to ask other people so if anyone could help that would be fantastic so thank you.

:)

Codxcoconut, Jun 27, 2015
  2. hell2010
    hell2010 Guest
    xbox 360 4gb slim freezes on splash screen

My xbox 360 4gb slim keeps freezing on the start up screen any help with resolving this issue

hell2010, Jun 27, 2015
  3. LethalFaith
    LethalFaith Guest
    xbox slim freeze

my friends xbox slim keeps freezing and showing one red light where the green power light should be

LethalFaith, Jun 27, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

You could try to format your HDD. Also, make sure you don't have any corrupt downloads on your HDD.

Irixion, Jun 27, 2015
  5. Codxcoconut
    Codxcoconut Guest
    Sorry if worded it weirdly but yes I did format it so currently there are no downloads on it at all.

Codxcoconut, Jun 27, 2015
  6. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Alright, try to unplug all your devices, any HDD, USB drives, Kinect, etc. Boot up with that, put a game in and play it for a while. If nothing happens, then it's your accessories causing the issue. If it's freezing with nothing attached to it, then it needs
    to be sent in for repair. If it isn't, re-add each of your devices and figure out which one is causing the freezing. Disconnect your console from the internet as well, as sometimes the Xbox's software pauses when waiting for a response from Xbox Live, and
    if it doesn't get one, it just waits forever.

Irixion, Jun 27, 2015
  7. Codxcoconut
    Codxcoconut Guest
    Ok thanks I tried it and it seems to be the console so I'm fresh out of luck until backwards compatibility this Fall. Thank you for the help anyways.

Codxcoconut, Oct 31, 2018
  8. AndreFromPT Win User

Are there any major freezing problems on 360?

80 + hours of skyrim

3 or 4 freezes

Xbox 360 Slim
  9. Codxcoconut Win User

Ok thanks I tried it and it seems to be the console so I'm fresh out of luck until backwards compatibility this Fall. Thank you for the help anyways.
  10. gameELiTE II Win User

Xbox 360 slim keeps freezing

I'm having problems aswell with the slim. I've tried every possible method of sorting it; clearing cache, moving data to a new hard drive, giving it and the PSU more ventilation ect.

I have 2 xbox slims in the household, mine and my brothers... for some reason, my xbox gives out more heat, even when it's got lots of ventilation, it's got high temperature! It never freezes on the dashboard, but when playing games on either disc or hard
    drive, it'll freeze regardless!
  11. Irixion Win User

Alright, try to unplug all your devices, any HDD, USB drives, Kinect, etc. Boot up with that, put a game in and play it for a while. If nothing happens, then it's your accessories causing the issue. If it's freezing with nothing attached to it, then it needs
    to be sent in for repair. If it isn't, re-add each of your devices and figure out which one is causing the freezing. Disconnect your console from the internet as well, as sometimes the Xbox's software pauses when waiting for a response from Xbox Live, and
    if it doesn't get one, it just waits forever.
  12. Irixion Win User

You could try to format your HDD. Also, make sure you don't have any corrupt downloads on your HDD.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim Keeps Freezing - Similar Threads - 360 slim Keeps

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying: Can someone please help me out? I cleared my storage cashe, I've deleted and redownloaded my Xbox live Gamertag and i've gone through my HD and deleted all the corrupted data. I have changed my...
  10. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?: My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After doing so, it froze during the update I had to...