Xbox 360 Slim keeps freezing; I can't fix it.

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim keeps freezing; I can't fix it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple days ago, I turned on my Xbox after arriving home from a 3-day vacation (meaning my Xbox hadn't been touched in that amount of time). When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NinjaKitty695, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Xbox 360 Slim keeps freezing; I can't fix it.

A couple days ago, I turned on my Xbox after arriving home from a 3-day vacation (meaning my Xbox hadn't been touched in that amount of time). When I turned on my console, it worked fine for about 3 minutes. It loaded my dashboard fine. Then it froze. I
    was like, "Alright, cool. I'll just turn it off and turn it back on." Well, by doing that, it kinda feels like it just made it worse. It's freezing more frequently now. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. I could be watching Netflix, playing a game, or just
    browsing the dashboard, and it repeatedly freezes. It is now to the point that it won't even load my dashboard. I finally got agitated with it and checked for troubleshooting ideas and home remedies but none seem to work. My Xbox is in a well-ventilated area
    and has never had overheating problems. I tried clearing the system cache and that didn't work. Could it be my hard drive? I don't know. I really don't have the money right now to buy a new Xbox so I'm hoping someone can HELP. ME.

:)

NinjaKitty695, Jun 27, 2015
  2. hell2010
    hell2010 Guest
    xbox 360 4gb slim freezes on splash screen

My xbox 360 4gb slim keeps freezing on the start up screen any help with resolving this issue

hell2010, Jun 27, 2015
  3. XBOX LIVE PROBLEMS t(-__-t)

My xbox keeps freezing every time i invite friends to the party or games and when it stops freezing it doesn't send the invite. also i can't send messages nor receive them. this is also affecting my friends too. when will this be fix?

SwaggaBoyyy93, Jun 27, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Remove your HDD, try to use your console. If it doesn't freeze then it's your HDD. If it still freezes, remove all devices from your 360. USB drives, Kinect, HDD, unplug everything. Try to use it then. If it freezes then, then your console needs to be sent
    in for repair. If it doesn't, plug in one device at a time testing to see which device causes it to freeze.

Irixion, Jun 27, 2015
  5. ellerem
    ellerem Guest
    Hello,

Removing the hard drive is a good step to see if it works without it. Some pics are here :

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Alternatively I'd like to ask if you have anything plugged into the USB drives on the front or back of the console? Items such as USB sticks and external hard drives.

If so:

1. Turn the console off

2. Remove any usb attachments

3. Turn console on and see if it is working without freezing.

4. You are welcome to attach each one again and test so as to isolate which attachment is the problem.

USB items can prevent the screen showing anything or freeze the console especially if they are starting to fail or have been corrupted in some way.

Good luck & happy gaming

ellerem, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Robbie Lassiter Win User

New Xbox "Services" Put Shame to Xbox - SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT!

Microsoft should be ashamed that they ruined the xbox slim cuase it freezes and it keep doing and I hope Microsoft fix the FREAKING button so it doesn't freeze like the slim Xbox one hope wouldn't suck and has that problem Microsoft im giving you a second
    chane DONT SCREW IT UP!!!
  7. daniel b00th Win User

Anyone else have this freezing problem in Fable 3?

Yes "VagueBeast" the freezing occurs at the same spot. And im using a slim Xbox 360. I decided to delete and reinstall, and i hope that would fix the problem, if it doesn't then the xbox is likely the problem.

And i don't have freezing on saves.
  8. HuyTrinh Win User

hard drive failures

I have the some problem! when my xbox 360 slim hard drive is connected, my xbox seems to have a slight lag, and i can't update or recover gamertag. and it freeze at startup screen for 2 min before getting to the dashboard. does xbox fix hard drive? or can
    i format it back to stock?
  9. dup40a6ec0e-1ff5-45b Win User

Gears 3 Frozen at starting screen

I had mine freeze. Then it wipe out my stats. Epic support contacts say to contact xbox support so I did. They said can't do anything but Epic could restore my stats. They also told me that if you have an original xbox 360 that a Gears of War 3 update is
    not compatible. So only xbox360 slim will get the update to prevent freezing. Can someone help us to get this fix.
  10. Bluntman1138 Win User

New Xbox "Services" Put Shame to Xbox - SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT!

[quote user="SouthernMarine3"]

Microsoft should be ashamed that they ruined the xbox slim cuase it freezes and it keep doing and I hope Microsoft fix the FREAKING button so it doesn't freeze like the slim Xbox one hope wouldn't suck and has that problem Microsoft im giving you a second
    chane DONT SCREW IT UP!!!

[/quote]

Please look at the DATE of a thread before posting....This thread died OVER a year ago.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim keeps freezing; I can't fix it. - Similar Threads - 360 Slim keeps

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying: Can someone please help me out? I cleared my storage cashe, I've deleted and redownloaded my Xbox live Gamertag and i've gone through my HD and deleted all the corrupted data. I have changed my...
  10. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?: My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After doing so, it froze during the update I had to...