Xbox 360 slim keeps disconnecting, built in wireless issues?

Discus and support Xbox 360 slim keeps disconnecting, built in wireless issues? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting an issue with my Xbox 360 (slim), where it keeps disconnecting from xbox live, probably every 20 minutes or so (on average) and you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shannananan, May 17, 2015.

1. Shannananan
    Shannananan Guest

Hi, I keep getting an issue with my Xbox 360 (slim), where it keeps disconnecting from xbox live, probably every 20 minutes or so (on average) and you can normally reconnect / re signin to live straight after (max a minute after disconnection). It
    is nothing to do with my connection as no other device, or any of my flat mates consoles disconnect. I can't see if I get the same issues on Ethernet as our flats router annoyiny doesn't have an Ethernet port. This has been going on for nearly two months now
    and I have tried clearing the cache, deleting and re downloading my profile, gone through and deleted any 'corrupted' games, and nothing has worked, and now today it has also shown the message 'to use a wirless internet connection, connect an xbox 360 wireless
    adapter to your console', and the xbox wouldn't connected again until after I turned it off and back on. Is there and issue with the built in adapter? How do I fix this? Because I can't do anything online anymore.

:)

Shannananan, May 17, 2015
  2. chao365
    chao365 Guest
    slim wifi problems

My 360 slim has started to have some problems with the built in wifi adapter. Its started disconnecting me so i went to test connection on chose wireless network. it then said it needs a wireless adapter to be able to use a wireless network but my slim has
    the wifi built in? It doesnt happenn all th time but its still annoying when i cant get on xbox live. Should i send my xbox in or is there somthing i could possibly do?

chao365, May 17, 2015
  3. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Network problems

Do you have the external wireless network adapter or the built-in wireless network adapter (Xbox 360 Slim)?

taidara, May 17, 2015
  4. Brosky aP
    Brosky aP Guest

Hey there Shannananan!

Sorry to hear about the connection troubles.

You mentioned that you got a message on your Xbox 360 saying "To use a wireless internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 wireless adapter to your console". It seems like your Wireless Network Card is faulty.

The only fix for this is to send your Xbox 360 for repair. You find more information about the Xbox Repair Service and how to do this

here

If you have any further questions, please let us know Xbox 360 slim keeps disconnecting, built in wireless issues? :)

Brosky aP, May 17, 2015
  5. Hello fellow users!

i keep having the same problem for a week now, with no fix.

Any help?

BluNTSMiTH MK, Oct 31, 2018
  6. BluNTSMiTH MK Win User

Hello fellow users!

i keep having the same problem for a week now, with no fix.

Any help?
  7. Brosky aP Win User

Hey there Shannananan!

Sorry to hear about the connection troubles.

You mentioned that you got a message on your Xbox 360 saying "To use a wireless internet connection, connect an Xbox 360 wireless adapter to your console". It seems like your Wireless Network Card is faulty.

The only fix for this is to send your Xbox 360 for repair. You find more information about the Xbox Repair Service and how to do this

here

If you have any further questions, please let us know :)
  8. taidara Win User

Xbox 360 wireless issue

9. Falkon(2) Win User

How does not having xbox live affect Achievements?

Slim Xbox 360s have wireless built into them.
  10. taidara Win User

Network problems

Do you have the external wireless network adapter or the built-in wireless network adapter (Xbox 360 Slim)?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 slim keeps disconnecting, built in wireless issues? - Similar Threads - 360 slim keeps

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  9. I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying: Can someone please help me out? I cleared my storage cashe, I've deleted and redownloaded my Xbox live Gamertag and i've gone through my HD and deleted all the corrupted data. I have changed my...
  10. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?: My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After doing so, it froze during the update I had to...