Xbox 360 Slim is incredibly slow when connected to Internet

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim is incredibly slow when connected to Internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, So the other day my Xbox was running great as per usual but then after coming home from the gym, it became Incredibly slow. It took over 7... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Antonius M Cato, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Slim is incredibly slow when connected to Internet

Hi there, So the other day my Xbox was running great as per usual but then after coming home from the gym, it became Incredibly slow. It took over 7 minutes to get from turning it on, to finally signing in but while during signing it, it disconnects me
    from Xbox Live then when I reach the dashboard I get the message "Some Xbox Live content is temporarily unavailable." I test my connection and it completes successfully with out it being slow or any errors. I have cleared system cache, deleted my profile and
    redownloaded it, rebooted my router, took apart my Xbox and cleaned out dust and yet nothing. It only works when I disconnect it from Internet. Do I need a new wifi adapter or what? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Antonius M Cato, Jan 27, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 is slow when connected to Internet

My Internet went out earlier this evening, and when I turned my Xbox 360 on, the system was lightning fast. I have been cursing my Xbox since the day that the "New Xbox Experience" update was installed because I believed that it was too much for the Xbox
    360 processors to handle. I don't know why the stupid machine goes at a snails pace when connected to the Internet. I don't want to permanently keep it offline because I enjoy some of the online features (MP gaming and Netflix), but the time it takes just
    to boot up the system is driving me insane, let alone navigating the menus on the dashboard. Yes, my Internet speed is lower than average (especially my upload speed), but once I have a game loaded up, my speed is fast enough that I do not have any problems
    with lag.

Tahoe Junglist, Jan 27, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 is slow when connected to Internet

It shouldn't have to download data when I navigate menus. Why does it take 20 seconds to open the "my games" folder when I'm connected to xbox live? Everything in that folder is local, and Internet speed should have nothing to do with it.

Also, I can't watch the promo videos on xbox live. They play for three seconds, then buffer for five seconds. I do not experience this problem when watching Netflix in HD nor Youtube. All streaming videos on my computer work fine as well. My Internet
    speed is not that slow. My download speed is 6mb/s, but my upload speed is only 0.5mb/s.

Tahoe Junglist, Jan 27, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox 360 Slim is incredibly slow when connected to Internet