Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ItsLennnn, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ItsLennnn
    ItsLennnn Guest

Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP!

Okay so I have an NTSC Xbox 360 in the UK (they're pretty hard to come by but I need one for speedrunning purposes), and while I never used to have this problem, the past few months whenever I've been playing the game I speedrun (it sometimes happens on
    the dashboard too), my console will often do one (or more) of the following three things:

-give the 'power off' sound and turn off

-give the 'power off' sound and stay running

-completely freeze with no notice for 5 seconds, then the console reboots.

This normally happens around 5 minutes into play, but sometimes it can happen after a minute, sometimes it can take up to 20. The game isn't even a technically demanding one, it's Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex which is backwards compatible and downloaded
    from XBL onto the hard drive.

I don't mind having to open up the console and do whatever I need to do myself so please don't hesitate to give me those kind of suggestions - it's just incredibly annoying and I want to be able to fix it.

Thanks!

:)

ItsLennnn, Jun 7, 2018
  2. NobodyMythic
    NobodyMythic Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim Power

Hello, so one day I came home from school and my Xbox 360 Slim turns on but like 0.5 seconds later it turns back off and the power brick turns red. Before I turn it on the power brick is yellow. I tried everything to fix but nothing works. So, I ordered
    a new power brick and when I plug it in to my Xbox it turns on for like 3 seconds and turns right back off but the light is orange when it turns off. Help! Is there something wrong with my Xbox 360 Slim instead?

NobodyMythic, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 Slim turns off when connected to internet.

Xbox 360 Slim turns off when connected to internet. It first turns on fine but after a few seconds of connecting to xbox live it restarts. Please help

WalnutSphinx123, Jun 7, 2018
  4. IsaiahGonzales Win User

Xbox 360 Slim - Red Dot of Death

My Xbox 360 Slim is working just fine - until "Mr freeze" shows up but MS says that it's supposed to work to shut off on it's own but nah it freezes instead after so many tries to restart the Xbox it gives me the red dot but it has nothing to do with the
    power supply how do I fix this?
  5. fastharry Win User

Anyone else having sound problems?

Just wanted to add that my old white 360 did it on COD and BC...and the new slim does it once in awhile too on BF3...I always used to restart the 360 and sound would come back..for goof, because someone had said it was not the game but the handshake between
    the 360 and the TV, I turned off my lcd and turned it back on and the sound was restored...
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

Console turns ON and OFF by itself

Do you have the xbox 360 slim? If you do than clean the touch sencers (power button and eject button) IF you have the original xbox 360 console try taking the face plate off. You can turn the console off and on by controller .

Hope this helps

-Sager
  7. AaronMeredith92 Win User

Xbox struggles to turn on

Power saving mode, there is no sound either the screen just stays black or the xbox just turns it's self off
  8. minus365 Win User

Instant On issues: Cannot disable, nor does Xbox wake up with voice command when enabled

Holding the Xbox button for 5-7 secs will just restart console and not turn off.

I have same problem. Using the power saving mode, but I am not able to turn it off as ussual by holding Home button on controller and tgen Console off. It just freezes (kinect turns off), but console and controller still on.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim either freezes and restarts or gives power off sound and turns off. HELP! - Similar Threads - 360 Slim either

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...