Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently bought a second hand Xbox 360. It has a slight problem though: When I try to eject the tray (by button or by menu-option) the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GarudaDax, May 26, 2015.

1. GarudaDax
    GarudaDax Guest

Hi all,

I recently bought a second hand Xbox 360.

It has a slight problem though:

When I try to eject the tray (by button or by menu-option) the system says 'opening'... and then acts like the tray is open... but it's not... there wasn't even any sound or noise that it tried. It did blink it's green light though.

The same is when closing (button or menu-option). The system says 'closing' and then states it's closed, but it's not.

This is the case when the tray is closed already or when it has been manually opened (since this is the only way right now).

At first, you'd say that's the motor or something... But then; if I power off the console with the tray open, and then power it on... IT CLOSES the tray!!!

So it know's *** well how to close the tray ;-).

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

It seems like the software simply doesn't send a pulse to the tray to actually respond.

It's not (hardware) stuck and it closes very smoothly on startup... just not when I tell it to...

Thanks so much for your advice Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup! :).

:)

GarudaDax, May 26, 2015
  2. CvD StyLeZz
    CvD StyLeZz Guest
    MY DISC TRAY DOES WEIRD

when i startup my xbox 360 s the green light keeps flashing and doesnt stop and when i press open/close tray it does nothing but the green light stops flashing and when i press it again it goes on flashing, and my tray still doesnt open or close
    i've tried to open in manually but now it doesnt close and when i just push it it doesnt do anything
    help please

CvD StyLeZz, May 26, 2015
  3. Green power light flashing on my Xbox 360 Slim..

I got a brand new xbox 360 slim in christmas 2011. A month later, the power button blinks/flashes. And the disk tray open and closes. On the xbox home menu, it says the *** is opening( even when the tray is fully open) or close tray. Can someone PLEASE help
    me. Xbox boxes break so easy. I thought the slim would be better. but it only lasted a month. I probably going to get ps4 instead of xbox720 if microsoft don't fix all the problems with xboxes.

black beast1230, May 26, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

The software is consistent. The hardware isn't. Something might be jamming the eject mechanism, try blowing out the drive with compressed air. The two mechanisms work differently, but together. It very well could be one broke, but not the other. Stuff happens.

Irixion, May 26, 2015
  5. black beast1230 Win User

Green power light flashing on my Xbox 360 Slim..

I got a brand new xbox 360 slim in christmas 2011. A month later, the power button blinks/flashes. And the disk tray open and closes. On the xbox home menu, it says the *** is opening( even when the tray is fully open) or close tray. Can someone PLEASE help
    me. Xbox boxes break so easy. I thought the slim would be better. but it only lasted a month. I probably going to get ps4 instead of xbox720 if microsoft don't fix all the problems with xboxes.
  6. Jedi Hunter Win User

Flashing Green Light

I have a Xbox 360 Slim that I purchased about a year ago. The disk tray open and closes, but it is having a hard time reading any disc. When I turn my console off the disk tray will open. I will try and change wall sockets and unplug and replug my power
    supply cables.
  7. Irixion Win User

The software is consistent. The hardware isn't. Something might be jamming the eject mechanism, try blowing out the drive with compressed air. The two mechanisms work differently, but together. It very well could be one broke, but not the other. Stuff happens.
  8. scutterboy Win User

Green power light flashing on my Xbox 360 Slim..

This just started for me too.

Happened after live update on Battlefield3

In my xbox if you insert a disk it's confused whether there is a disk in or not.

I think this looks like a firmware rather than a hardware glitch.

Turn the xbox on with the tray closed and it says opening.

Open and it says = close tray

close tray it says = closing and then = opening - but it doesnt open.

Click OK on the remote and it does this cycle again.

I've cleaned the eject button but it was clean?

Might the mechanism have slipped a gear?

Pretty disappointed. My old white one still runs although I can hear it two streets over. ;)
  9. PhilMarck Win User

Question about the new Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Slim (as it is normally called) has a touchpad sensor for the ON/OFF button and Open/Close disc tray, this might cut down some costs, probably not much.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup! - Similar Threads - 360 Slim disk

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Disk Drive/Laser problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disk Drive/Laser problem.: I have the 250gb Xbox Slim, haven't had any problems with it since I bought it last year. Suddenly it has stopped reading disks, now I had this problem with my old 360 but this isn't the usual...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk: We have recently been encountering an issue and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and can suggest a way to fix it. The unit works fine as long as we don't have a disk in the tray....