Xbox 360 Slim Disk Drive/Laser problem.

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim Disk Drive/Laser problem. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the 250gb Xbox Slim, haven't had any problems with it since I bought it last year. Suddenly it has stopped reading disks, now I had this problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Smerkz, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Smerkz
    Smerkz Guest

I have the 250gb Xbox Slim, haven't had any problems with it since I bought it last year. Suddenly it has stopped reading disks, now I had this problem with my old 360 but this isn't the usual "Open tray" error that is very common. I have taken the console
    apart so I can see into the disk drive while it's trying to read disks. Unlike the open tray error where it only makes a few rotations and says "open tray" my disk drive will repeatedly spin the disk for atleast a minute before saying "unrecognized disk" now
    on the odd occasion it does read a disk, I see that the laser will start at the inner circle of the disk before managing to read it and then sliding up to the top edge of the disk to read it. But when the disk won't read 99% of the time, the laser will sit
    on the small inner circle of the disk and stay there, jumping slightly. Has anybody else had this problem before? anyone who has and found a solution I would really appreciate your advice. I must stress though that this is NOT the usual "Open tray" error,
    my xbox does attempt to read the disk for a while.

Thanks.

:)

Smerkz, Jul 30, 2014
  2. NIK1
    NIK1 Guest
    XBOX 360 Slim DVD Drive Replacement

I have a question to ask about a Xbox 360 slim dvd drive. The slim plays movies ok but not game disks.Insert a game disk and it says unrecognised disk,and after pressing A on the controller it ejects the disk.If the dvd drive needs replacing, is it easy to do. I have replaced many dvd drives in home computers and have opened up the 360 slim a year ago to clean the inside of dust and stuff. Also I have a old green halo edition Xbox in the closet that had the 3 red lights flashing on the front. The dvd drive is ok I think.Can the dvd drive from the halo edition Xbox fit in the slim. If not I will just order one. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    Should I Upgrade to a New Slim xbox 360 Model or wait for the Next generation console?

You have over a year, before the new Xbox is released... So I would buy an Xbox 360 Slim...

You will most likely need the Slim to play 360 games, when the new console comes out too... As the 720, is reported to use, a Blue Laser Diode Drive (Similar to Blu-Ray Drives) & games + DVDs for the 360, run on a Red Laser Diode etc...

OCRyzen, Jul 30, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

Sorry self repairs are not allowed and nobody can or be able to help you and MS will not touch that console buying a new one is sadly your only option sorry.

davemcfly85, Jul 30, 2014
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

Sorry self repairs are not allowed and nobody can or be able to help you and MS will not touch that console buying a new one is sadly your only option sorry.
  6. InnocuousRuby67 Win User

HALO 2 not working on my xbox 360 slim 250 HDD with xbox live update.

This usually means the laser on your 360's disk drive is dirty. The good news is that it is possible to open up your 360, access the disk drive laser and clean it yourself. And the best part about it is that you can complete this task in a limited amount
    of time.
  7. OCRyzen Win User

Should I Upgrade to a New Slim xbox 360 Model or wait for the Next generation console?

You have over a year, before the new Xbox is released... So I would buy an Xbox 360 Slim...

You will most likely need the Slim to play 360 games, when the new console comes out too... As the 720, is reported to use, a Blue Laser Diode Drive (Similar to Blu-Ray Drives) & games + DVDs for the 360, run on a Red Laser Diode etc...
  8. Vaggelis Gol Win User

Flashing Green Light and console does not work

Also the xbox does not have a disk drive , it's a xbox 360 slim 4gb model
  9. vbro1 Win User

Disc drive will no read my game.

There is a possibility that the drive could go bad, but I doubt that is the reason. I had the same problem and it wasn't because of the whole disk drive. The issue I had was the laser eye that reads the disk. Have the laser eye fixed and like everyone else
    said, place the Xbox flat to avoid the disk getting scratched. Hope that helps you solve your issue!
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim Disk Drive/Laser problem. - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Disk

2. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  3. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  4. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  5. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  6. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  7. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  8. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  9. Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disk tray won't open or close. But does close on startup!: Hi all, I recently bought a second hand Xbox 360. It has a slight problem though: When I try to eject the tray (by button or by menu-option) the system says 'opening'... and then acts like the...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 250g- Powers off when trying to read disk: We have recently been encountering an issue and wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing and can suggest a way to fix it. The unit works fine as long as we don't have a disk in the tray....