Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reyes8955, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Reyes8955
    Reyes8955 Guest

I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and opened it using that and put a game in. But when I tried to close it nothing was happenin even when I
    gave it a little nudge. I cant hear anything moving inside when I try to open/close. And when the tray is closed the xbox says open tray and after a few seconds it says closing and it doesnt stop. Whats. Wrong and how do I fix it? And i looked it up and it
    is not the open tray error. And I've opened a xbox up before to fix it, so im open to any solution

:)

Reyes8955, Dec 28, 2014
  2. xDarrenb97
    xDarrenb97 Guest
    New disc drive

my Xbox 360 slim currently doesnt work. The problem is that I get an error when my Xbox tries to read the disc and then says 'open tray' when it's closed. Commonly known as the 'open tray error'.

my question is that if I bought a whole new disc drive, would that fix the problem?

xDarrenb97, Dec 28, 2014
  3. VixenBlue8
    VixenBlue8 Guest
    "Opening" disc tray

Hey guys, I've got an xbox 360 slim and its been working fine for about 2 years, however its recently started displaying "Opening" on the dashboard when I lay it horizontally (without actually opening the tray). Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

VixenBlue8, Dec 28, 2014
  4. IGutlessIWonder Win User

Open tray?

If I had to guess, I would say both of your 360's need to be fixed. I have had disc tray problems with 3 separate xbox 360's, each one was a disc tray issue similar to what you describe. Some games took a long time to work, others didn't want to work at
    all, sometimes I would have to open and close my disc tray dozens of times to get a game to work.

The reason it doesn't work is because something is broken inside of your disc tray, or something that deals with your disc tray functionality.

Like I said, this is just a guess.
  5. Sun-Tracker Win User

No More Video Output to Monitor

I did try it with no game in the disc tray, yes. I took it out on day 1 when this all started.

I just borrowed another Xbox 360 Slim -- Same Model # (1439) and manufactured in the same month as mine, and it works with no issues on my monitor, so this 100% proves it is my Xbox 360 Slim that is the cause of the problem. I give up.
  6. GIVEMEMYACCOUNT Win User

open tray issues on every game dvd, everything

What type of Xbox 360 is it? Slim? Has there been any physical damage to the disc tray?
  7. black beast1230 Win User

Green power light flashing on my Xbox 360 Slim..

I got a brand new xbox 360 slim in christmas 2011. A month later, the power button blinks/flashes. And the disk tray open and closes. On the xbox home menu, it says the *** is opening( even when the tray is fully open) or close tray. Can someone PLEASE help
    me. Xbox boxes break so easy. I thought the slim would be better. but it only lasted a month. I probably going to get ps4 instead of xbox720 if microsoft don't fix all the problems with xboxes.
  8. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox tray

Hey there Fife,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your disc tray.

I would be careful with your disc tray, we really don't recommend you force it as that may further damage the console.

What style of Xbox 360 console do you have? (original white, xbox slim, etc.)

Let us know and we'll work with you from there.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it? - Similar Threads - 360 Slim disc

2. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.: Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes...
  3. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  5. xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems: Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead...
  6. 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.: I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart far before I did, and I have taken it apart too...
  7. Disc issues on 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc issues on 360 Slim: I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive. I took it to a place who claimed to be an authorized...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  10. xbox 360 slim disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive: So ive had this problem before with the same console and it is now out of warranty is there anyway around this problem that doesn't involve sending it to Microsoft as i know this would be...