xbox 360 slim disc drive

Discus and support xbox 360 slim disc drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So ive had this problem before with the same console and it is now out of warranty is there anyway around this problem that doesn't involve sending it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robertmoore_868, Jan 30, 2014.

1. xbox 360 slim disc drive

So ive had this problem before with the same console and it is now out of warranty is there anyway around this problem that doesn't involve sending it to Microsoft as i know this would be expensive

:)

Robertmoore_868, Jan 30, 2014
  2. Verachi
    Verachi Guest
    xbox red light on slim console

You could go through the disc drive trouble shoot for the slim.
    Here you go.

Verachi, Jan 30, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 hard drives

My Xbox slim disc drive has died. I need a new Xbox my question is will my internal hard drive work with the newer 360 systems or would I have to get another slim. Thank you.

AngelaBerthot, Jan 30, 2014
  4. xbox 360 slim disc drive

For got to mention its the disc drive its giving a beep an attempt to run the disc and then a death bleep

5. You would have to send it in to Microsoft to be repaired.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 30, 2014
  6. nVo Fusion
    nVo Fusion Guest
    Visage is correct, you would need to send it in to Microsoft to be repaired. You can register your Console if you have not already (you register using your console's serial number, located on the back and in the USB slot) by going to
    myservice.xbox.com. After registering, you will need to request a Console repair, and for your model this is only about 79.99 USD. Shipping is included, and they will email you a shipping label.

-

Hope this helps, good luck!

nVo Fusion, Jan 30, 2014
  7. Thanks fot the help but found out tapping ybe side of xbox lightly wakes the disc drive up

8. nVo Fusion
    nVo Fusion Guest

xbox 360 slim disc drive

That's odd, well good you found something!

nVo Fusion, Jan 30, 2014
  9. That is only a temporary solution and in time will stop working. It's also a bad idea to hit expensive and complicated electronic equipment. You should really send the console in for service.

VisageOfAnAngel, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Verachi Win User

xbox red light on slim console

You could go through the disc drive trouble shoot for the slim.
    Here you go.
  11. MoshedBrotatoe Win User

Xbox "Lite" to be Released in Winter 2012?

So now there's the original Xbox 360, then the Slim, now the Super slim? Haha.

A console without a disc drive? Sounds like a fail to me :p
  12. IceStorm III Win User

360 Slim says all discs are unreadable

[quote user="Schadigung"]I'm having an issue with my Xbox 360 slim. When I put in a disc it says the disc is unreadable.[/quote]The Using My Console forum has

a thread dealing with disc read issues
    .[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]Being a slot loading optical drive on the Xbox 360 Slim,[/quote]All 360 models use a
    tray load drive. None have a slot load mechanism.
  13. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

Unreadable Battlefield3 Multiplayer

Hey there !

I am sorry too see that you are having this issue! However, please ensure your disc tray is not dusty/damaged or been tampered with. Also, the following link will help you troubleshoot problems you may be having with discs on both the orignal Xbox 360 console
    and the Slim Xbox 360 console.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Simply follow the steps and options that are shown on the link.

Hope this helps !

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)
  14. JaNsH3r0 Win User

Xbox 360 slim 4GB Stuck on Splash Screen *Help*

Its a Xbox 360 Slim 4GB , so the memory is internal and located under the disc drive and i dont want to open it as im going to see if it is still under warranty .
Thema:

xbox 360 slim disc drive

1. xbox 360 slim disc drive - Similar Threads - 360 slim disc

2. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.: Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes...
  3. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?: I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and opened it using that and put a game in. But...
  6. xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems: Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead...
  7. 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.: I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart far before I did, and I have taken it apart too...
  8. Disc issues on 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc issues on 360 Slim: I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive. I took it to a place who claimed to be an authorized...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...