Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zHuunTer x, Mar 4, 2014.

1. zHuunTer x
    zHuunTer x Guest

Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close, read, spin or anything like that i hit the open botton and
    its make the sound but nothing happend is like the disc drive is not working no more anyone have any idea why?

:)

zHuunTer x, Mar 4, 2014
  2. zHuunTer x
    zHuunTer x Guest

Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close, read, spin or anything like that i hit the open botton and
    its make the sound but nothing happend is like the disc drive is not working no more anyone have any idea why???

zHuunTer x, Mar 4, 2014
  3. BrianGunter
    BrianGunter Guest

Yea, unfortunately you kinda *** yourself if you took the console apart. You could try to look for a local shop that does 360 repairs, or perhaps even Google it, but MS will not offer you any type of repairs now if you've opened the system.

If you keep an eye out though, it's not hard to find a decent slim for $100~ on eBay or Amazon.com.

BrianGunter, Mar 4, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

What you could of done is buy a DVD Lens Cleaner for about $10, I have one to clean my older systems DVD lasers just fine.

But because you opened up your system including the Tray you might of accidentally ruined the DVD drive. Sadly because you opened up your Xbox 360 S it won't be covered under any warranty because you "tampered" with the system.

Your best best is to buy a new system.

The Geeky Panda, Mar 4, 2014
  5. IamTheDEA
    IamTheDEA Guest
    You can send it to Microsoft for replacements and purchase a extended warranty contract if yours is out

IamTheDEA, Mar 5, 2014
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Op has stated that they had opened the console so Microsoft will not repair it.

Als,you should never use a lens cleaner in your console as they can damage it.

It does tell you this in the manual that comes with your console.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Verachi Win User

xbox red light on slim console

You could go through the disc drive trouble shoot for the slim.
    Here you go.
  8. MoshedBrotatoe Win User

Xbox "Lite" to be Released in Winter 2012?

So now there's the original Xbox 360, then the Slim, now the Super slim? Haha.

A console without a disc drive? Sounds like a fail to me :p
  9. CyrusReza Win User

Unrecognized Disc

Yeah might have to consider some ol' switcharoo trick, but the thing that bugs me about all of this is how it works on my original 360 and not on my slim. Really annoying since the slim 360 should have the superior disc drive/laser lens! :(
  10. blazervish12 Win User

320GB hard drive only has 294GB memory what's up with that?

To make that hard drive work on Xbox 360 you need to have a software to make it work.

For example if 4gb xbox 360 slim, you need a small storage to make the xbox 360 slim to work.

So that means hard drive needs a small or a big software to make to work.
  11. CyrusReza Win User

Anyone still with there 20gb?

I still have my 20 GB original 360 but when I purchased a Slim 360 it got degraded from the livingroom to the bedroom.

It still works like a charm and apparently its disc drive is more efficient than that of my Slim 360 since it plays discs that my Slim is unable to read.

I agree with you BlackSilverAce, the interchangability of PS3 harddrives is a big premium in my opinion which is sorely missed on the 360.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working - Similar Threads - 360 Slim Disc

2. Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Slim Model S does not read disc games, Xbox or 360.: Recently my Xbox has been temperamental about what it runs. Currently it only runs Music CD's and on the occasion a game. Although, it does not read the games from start-up. Whenever it recognizes...
  3. xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive opens automatically: Hello maybe someone here on this blog have an idea what i can do, besides from going to an hardware store please :) so my xbox 360 slim turns on normally then the green lights flash continuously...
  4. Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on ...: Green Flashing Light, Disc tray will not open, says opening and closing on screen but does nothing. I have not modified the drive or changed it in anyway it is the original disc drive. I have no...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim disc tray is not working at all? How can i fix it?: I turned on my 360 slim the other day and saw that the center light was blinking. The tray wouldnt open. I know about the yellow slot on the side and opened it using that and put a game in. But...
  6. xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems: Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead...
  7. 360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.: I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart far before I did, and I have taken it apart too...
  8. Disc issues on 360 Slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc issues on 360 Slim: I purchased a refurbished 360 Slim on Newegg two years ago. Recently, it started having issues where it wouldn't read any discs in drive. I took it to a place who claimed to be an authorized...
  9. Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Disc Drive Not Working: Hi i have an xbox 360 slim i wuz playing one day and then the xbox dont want to read the games i open de xbox and clean the leser and put everything back but now the disc drive wont open, close,...
  10. xbox 360 slim disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disc drive: So ive had this problem before with the same console and it is now out of warranty is there anyway around this problem that doesn't involve sending it to Microsoft as i know this would be...