Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on!

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Any help would be much appreciated. My Xbox 360 Slim makes the usual sound when I hit the power and eject buttons but it doesn't turn on. There is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jonald0709, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jonald0709
    jonald0709 Guest

Hi,

Any help would be much appreciated. My Xbox 360 Slim makes the usual sound when I hit the power and eject buttons but it doesn't turn on. There is no light on the power button as well. The power brick LED stays orange. I bought a new power brick but the
    same result. I read some forums saying that it is the usb port pins might be bent, I checked the pins and they all look fine to me. Someone posted to plug in a usb drive in all the ports one by one and try to turn on the xbox to see which one is the culprit,
    but still no success. Anybody had the same issue and fixed it? Thanks!

:)

jonald0709, Oct 24, 2014
  2. Kinect won't beep when turning on

Oh yeah... The slim "Beeps" when you touch the eject or power button

Mythic xSagex, Oct 24, 2014
  3. Baud Modem
    Baud Modem Guest
    Need to Wait 15 Seconds Before Eject Powers On?

I just got my Xbox 360 Slim back from Microsoft, and when I initially tried to turn it on one day via the Eject button it would not turn on, but it would make the "bing" sound as if the tray was ejecting, then shortly after my Xbox started freezing on bootup,
    and thus had to send it in.

Now, when I connect the Xbox 360 Slim to the power brick, it will turn on from the controller or the power button right away, but I'll have to wait 15 seconds or so if I want to turn it on via the Eject button RIGHT AFTER plugging it into the power brick,
    but if I turn it on via the power button then turn it off, it will turn on via the eject button right away.

So, once everything is hooked up from NOT being hooked up, the eject button just makes the BING sound without turning the Xbox on, but 15 seconds later then it will turn the Xbox on. However, the power button and controller both turn it on right away.
    And if I turn it back off, the Eject button will turn it on right away.

Anyone have similar experience with this? Can you try unplugging the Xbox from the power brick, plug it back in, and tell me if the Eject button turns on the Xbox 360 Slim? This is what it did before it totally locked up, so I'm hoping it doesn't happen
    again, even though it DID freeze when downloading YouTube App.

Baud Modem, Oct 24, 2014
  4. Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on!

I also have the same issue, checked all the ports and their fine, power brick is fine (tried another) and outlet is fine so ive got no idea what the issue is. However, the light on my power supply turns red from orange after clicking the power/eject button.

CyberScopes362, Dec 19, 2014
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

Kinect won't beep when turning on

Oh yeah... The slim "Beeps" when you touch the eject or power button
  6. Eksbaks2007 Win User

console banned ? xbox broke? hard drive broke?

ON Dec. 10 while watching on youtube I turned off my slim then after an hour turn it back on ..but it only gives me the beep each time you touch the power or eject button ... power brick ok tested it on my friend's working slim..... Is this RROD related
    ? Until now my slim xbox 4gb is dead.
  7. TheProfess0r Win User

Xbox settings

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor, and I'll be glad to help you today.

NOTE: The Xbox should be off when you perform these steps.

- Turn your Xbox off

- Press and hold both the bind button and the eject button on your Xbox.

NOTE: The bind button is the one you use to sync wireless controllers to your Xbox, and the eject button is the one you use to eject discs.

- With the bind and eject buttons still held down, press and release the power button. At this time, you will hear a startup chime.

- Continue holding the bind and eject buttons until you hear the startup chime a second time

- Release the bind and eject buttons.

- Select Reset this Xbox from the menu.

- Choose the option "Keep my games & apps"

and let me know how it goes

If that doesn't work, try this:

- If there's a disc in the Xbox console, eject it.

- On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

- Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
  8. riccardobocchiola Win User

xbox one non si accende piu ma fa solo il suono di accensione [Mod translation-xbox one no longer turns on but only makes the power on sound]

Unlukily when i press the power button the console beep but the white logo doesent apper, same thing happen when i press the eject button, the beep for that button play but notthing else.

Another thing might is important, when i press a button that make a beep the power brick turn on for an half second end then turn off.
  9. TheProfess0r Win User

No display

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor, and I'll be glad to help you today.

Try this:

- If there's a disc in the Xbox console, eject it.

- On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

- Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

If that doesn't work then please do this:

- Turn your Xbox off

- Press and hold both the bind button and the eject button on your Xbox.

NOTE: The bind button is the one you use to sync wireless controllers to your Xbox, and the eject button is the one you use to eject discs.

- With the bind and eject buttons still held down, press and release the power button. At this time, you will hear a startup chime.

- Continue holding the bind and eject buttons until you hear the startup chime a second time

- Release the bind and eject buttons.

- Select Reset this Xbox from the menu.

- Choose the option "Keep my games & apps"
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim beeps when power and eject buttons are hit but doesn't turn on! - Similar Threads - 360 Slim beeps

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  5. My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim won’t Conner too internet and can’t update: I’ve tried a few different internets and even my hotspot it will connect to the router but not too internet and then an error comes up saying to move my router closer and wired internet says the...
  6. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  7. I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it: I have a xbox 360 slim and it has a parental code on it and I need the code for it But I don’t know it 45046c69-2b6c-4dbe-a77f-36abfc2470ea
  8. 360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 slim resetting itself to 480p and changes back to 480p when loading up a game: So I have a lg ultra gear monitor, and it definitely has 1080p, but it would go straight towards to 480 when loading up console/game. 05abf063-2591-4d16-8af7-9067098f93b0
  9. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  10. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...