xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

Discus and support xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dehays98, Apr 23, 2014.

1. dehays98
    dehays98 Guest

Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead redemption goty edition(had the original back in the release date
    btw), well it results that the original actually works just fine, but of course i already completed it and that wasnt exactly the pucharse point, so when i try the second disc, undead nightmare, the console dont read the game correctly, making a strange like
    crrrrrrr noise and slowing down and going up constantly, and the things generally take a lot of time to actually appear, this is something that makes the game almost unplayable, and it never ends until the game bugging completely and john unable to move. Well,
    i thought it was just a problem of the game(i bought gta 5 with it and it works flawlesly)BUT....... when i play assassins creed 3( a game that i had long before red dead goty and back in the day when the console was working properly)it ocurrs the same. I
    have a lot of games and they work just fine( deus ex hr, hitman absolution,halo 3,alan wake, max payne 3,red dead redemption,gta 5,far cry 3,skyrim,etc. Its just a discs problem, like the games are too big and too drive demanding, or i may have to send the
    xbox to repair? Because i was planing on buying the upcoming watch dogs, and gta 4 complete edition(love that game lol). So well, what do you suggest?

:)

dehays98, Apr 23, 2014
  2. THE CRITCH
    THE CRITCH Guest
    How many consoles do you have include gaming pc and handled

Currently own:
    PS3 super slim
    PS3 launch fat( went YLOD a month after moving it into my sons room though)
    Xbox 360 120gb
    Xbox 360 4gb
    PSVita wifi.

Previously owned:
    Spectrum 48k
    Gameboy
    Sega master system
    Sega Mega drive
    SNES
    PS1
    PS2
    Xbox

THE CRITCH, Apr 23, 2014
  3. MuscularChip
    MuscularChip Guest
    Which Is Better

Which Is Better Between A Xbox 360 4GB Slim With A 250GB Hard Drive OR Just A Xbox 360 250GB Slim

MuscularChip, Apr 23, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

The way you're talking it sounds as though the console is fairly old. If this is the case then a repair or replacement of the console would be warranted as it sounds like the drive is starting to fail (crrrrrrrr noise). You can either set up a repair at
    the link below or purchase a new console. Be aware that if your console is out of warranty there will be a charge for the repair.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

onyxishere, Apr 23, 2014
  5. JaNsH3r0 Win User

Xbox 360 slim 4GB Stuck on Splash Screen *Help*

Its a Xbox 360 Slim 4GB , so the memory is internal and located under the disc drive and i dont want to open it as im going to see if it is still under warranty .
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Unable to load need for speed rivals

Need for Speed Rivals on the Xbox 360 requires an Xbox 360 Hard Drive with 3GB of storage space for a mandatory installation of game disc content. you will be prompted to perform this installation the first time time you boot up your game.

You cannot play your game without this installation, nor can it be installed on flash memory sticks, or internal flash memory--such as the internal memory of the Xbox 360 Slim, or 4GB model. Hard Drives are available and sold separately for the Xbox 360
    Slim/4GB, Arcade, and Core consoles.
  7. DrM0nsta Win User

External hard drive not recognized?

It is the slim 4gb Xbox 360. The hard drive is a Go! Data 80gb external hard drive. It did work with the same slim xbox previously but now it doesn't.
  8. Vaggelis Gol Win User

Flashing Green Light and console does not work

Also the xbox does not have a disk drive , it's a xbox 360 slim 4gb model
  9. onyxishere Win User

The way you're talking it sounds as though the console is fairly old. If this is the case then a repair or replacement of the console would be warranted as it sounds like the drive is starting to fail (crrrrrrrr noise). You can either set up a repair at
    the link below or purchase a new console. Be aware that if your console is out of warranty there will be a charge for the repair.

http://myservice.xbox.com/
Thema:

1. xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems - Similar Threads - 360 slim 4gb

2. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  3. nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...: Dobry den, nedari se mi aktualizovat xbox 360. zkousel jsem to i pres flash disk, ale porad to pise chybu "Can´t update your console". Na konzoli sviti zelene svetlo uprostred a ovladac blika....
  4. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  5. xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados: tengo xbox slim de 4gb y cuando voy a eliminar los archivos dañados los elimina y cuando reinicio están ahí. no se actualiza y por ende no conecta a xbox live . no se que hacer, no deja...
  6. 4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet: I have a 4gb 360 Slim console it will not update or go on live it will connect to the internet but not update or connect to live. Console had only the 4gb and no other Hard Drive when I bought it...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure: Hi all, Recently I got an old version but unpacked and so still new XBOX 360 Slim with 4GB. Right after the unpacking and starting with the first instalation process I got to the problem I was...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  9. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB: Hi everyone. I own a 4GB Xbox360 Slim and I wanted to buy a Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB to use it as an external memory. Does it work good? a1803c30-226b-434d-b5b2-fcebca832053