xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

Discus and support xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message: [img] i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by yodesscholar, Jun 4, 2019.

1. yodesscholar
    yodesscholar Guest

xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message:

xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,... [​IMG]

i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent touched the hard drive so im assuming they upgraded the hardrive from the original 4GB one that would have been there originally.

looking on other posts, it seems that the microsoft 250gb hard drive will allow games and i think that is what i have? is there any other way of verifying the type of hardrive installed in my 360?

xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,... [​IMG]

my xbox is connected to the internet, is the current dashboard update 2.1.17526.0, i have even tried reverting to last update and re updating

my xbox was made in 2011 and serial number is 535363314305

im from australia and using a PAL xbox (all of my 360 games are PAL and run fine)

i have a PAL xbox halo 2 which also runs fine

need for speed and spongebob are PAL and discs are pretty much pristine quality in terms of visual

both of these games are listed as backward compatible on the

xbox support website (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility/play-original-xbox-games-on-xbox-360)

wikipedia list (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360#List_of_compatible_Xbox_games)

and the xbox fandom site (https://xbox.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360)

interestingly enough , the fandom website says spongebob not compatible in 60hz or widescreen so that might explain my issues for that game but need for speed appears to be green across the board.

im not sure what else to do or what else to find out about my hardware or software in order to solve this, and i have noticed a lot of people have had a very similar issue before but i have not found any solutions, just microsoft help telling people to make
    new thread as opposed to bumping old posts, so here goes....

:)

yodesscholar, Jun 4, 2019
  2. SGTxJEFFSKYLION Win User

Need for Speed Backwards Compatibility

it would be cool to be able to play old Need for Speed games like Need for Speed underground and
    underground 2 on the Xbox One. we have to wait for Project Scarlet then hope old Need for Speed games come to backward compatibility.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Is need for speed underground 2 backwards compatible with xbox 360 E

To play backward compatible games on the Xbox 360 like NFS Underground 2, you will need an official Xbox 360 hard drive installed in the Xbox 360 E. If you do not have this hard drive, then there is no way to play the backward compatible games.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Need for Speed Most Wanted for original Xbox not working on my Xbox 360

When you say an original xbox do you mean the old black console or an old white 360?

Need for Speed Underground 2 is the only original xbox NFS game that is backwards compatible.
  5. Eden0032 Win User

Xbox live updates

Hi, I do have an official 250gb hdd in my 360 slim. The Xbox original game is on a disk.

The game I'm trying to play is need for speed underground, and the update message comes up when I try to play it (mentioned in a previous post).
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

trying to play needforspeed underground on my 360

Only Need for Speed Underground II is backwards compatible with the Xbox 360. Your console must also have an official Xbox hard drive to play backwards compatible games.

All original games BC with the Xbox 360 can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/games/play-original-games
Thema:

1. xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,... - Similar Threads - 360 slim 250GB

2. I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim: Can someone reach out to me as I have been trying to connect my Xbox Live Account to my Xbox via the Xbox mobile app however i cannot get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim version....
  3. Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...: Hey guys, my son is having a problem connecting to my WiFi router because (he says) that the xbox 360 will NOT recognize special charactersin a password. This seems to me to be a strange mistake...
  4. XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?: Hello! I need an official answer because I'm really confused, I googled, I read a lot and asked to every one... I've an XBOX 360 3 or 4 years old, it's perfect but I need to change the HD because...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...
  6. Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...: Hey there, I don't really know where to post this kind of question to forums, as I've never posted here before. But basically I bought a xbox 360 slim 250gb console second-hand, and it has family...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  8. Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format: Hello, Recently the 250 gb hard drive for my slim console got the E68 error code and failed on me. I ordered a used microsoft 250gb hard drive (same as the original) and it arrived a couple days...
  9. 360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup: Good day to all of you. For the last couple of months, my 360 slim that I've had for about four and a half years have been making this really loud grinding noise at startup, and sometimes it goes...
  10. How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim?: How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim? I bought a 360 Slim off craigslist a while back and saw the hard drive inserted with an end piece missing. The hard drive is visible...