Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

Discus and support Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by firedemen40, Dec 3, 2014.

1. firedemen40
    firedemen40 Guest

hi,

So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the drink spill out and I let the system dry out for a few days. When
    I can back, it wouldn't power on at all. Even when I pressed the power button it wouldn't work. I pressed the eject button. It made the ping sound but didn't open the tray. Then the system suddenly powered on, but wouldn't display video, and the power button
    stayed red. When the button was red, I pressed it, but it wouldn't power the system off. I removed the power cable, and tried to start the system. Nothing happened. Anyone know what I should do? My parents might not let me get a new system, since they may
    think I am too careless or some thing.

Thanks!

:)

firedemen40, Dec 3, 2014
  2. kyle3334
    kyle3334 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim Red Dot, No Video

I bought xbox 360 slim from ebay and it red dots no video, its 250GB model but doesn't have the hard drive. Does it need a hard drive to turn on?

kyle3334, Dec 3, 2014
  3. firedemen40
    firedemen40 Guest
    Xbox 360 Slim red dot on power button.

My xbox 360 slim 250GB has a red dot on the power button. The console isn't displaying any video, since the button turns red the moment the machine turns on. There is not error code. I tried removing the hard drive and unplugging the power supply, but nothing
    changes. My PSU is fine, since my friend's brick doesn't change anything.

firedemen40, Dec 3, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. However, I believe spilling the drink fried your system. You'll either need to send it in for a repair or purchase a new one.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Be honest with your parents. You never know what could happen. They may allow you to get a new one.

onyxishere, Dec 3, 2014
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

red dot on xbox 360

my xbox 360 turns red with an E82 error on screen......tried different HDMI and also different TV...please help
    The red dot seems like an Xbox 360 slim model, if it's like the same post as in this link....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/rrod/07b1e276-4965-4c91-836a-005684ba20af

It looks like it's the Red Dot of Death, if it's a solid red dot, it's Hardware Failure as in the console has died,

Best option would be to upgrade to an Xbox One / S / X, or to save up and wait until late November - December for the Xbox Series S / X.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. However, I believe spilling the drink fried your system. You'll either need to send it in for a repair or purchase a new one.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Be honest with your parents. You never know what could happen. They may allow you to get a new one.
  7. Davis Peskovs12 Win User

XBOX 360 slim has a red dot in the middle of the power button.

I have xbox 360 slim just 11 months old one day in sunday i turn on i see red dot. one day later its workd monday and tuesday(bad langue) then now its red again. but in tv not showing E error.
  8. SupaSoreBeaver1 Win User

Solid Red Dot on Xbox Slim

9. THEOWENKILLER Win User

360 slim

The slim shows a red dot not a red ring.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on - Similar Threads - 360 Slim 250GB

2. I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim: Can someone reach out to me as I have been trying to connect my Xbox Live Account to my Xbox via the Xbox mobile app however i cannot get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim version....
  3. xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...: when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message: [img] i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent touched the hard drive so im assuming they...
  4. Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...: Hey guys, my son is having a problem connecting to my WiFi router because (he says) that the xbox 360 will NOT recognize special charactersin a password. This seems to me to be a strange mistake...
  5. XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?: Hello! I need an official answer because I'm really confused, I googled, I read a lot and asked to every one... I've an XBOX 360 3 or 4 years old, it's perfect but I need to change the HD because...
  6. Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...: Hey there, I don't really know where to post this kind of question to forums, as I've never posted here before. But basically I bought a xbox 360 slim 250gb console second-hand, and it has family...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  8. Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format: Hello, Recently the 250 gb hard drive for my slim console got the E68 error code and failed on me. I ordered a used microsoft 250gb hard drive (same as the original) and it arrived a couple days...
  9. 360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim 250GB making weird grinding noise at startup: Good day to all of you. For the last couple of months, my 360 slim that I've had for about four and a half years have been making this really loud grinding noise at startup, and sometimes it goes...
  10. How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim?: How do I tell if I have a legit MS 250GB HD in the 360 Slim? I bought a 360 Slim off craigslist a while back and saw the hard drive inserted with an end piece missing. The hard drive is visible...