Xbox 360 Security Proofs Cause Sign In Problems

Discus and support Xbox 360 Security Proofs Cause Sign In Problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm here to tell you what a worthless system your "Security Proofs" is and how it causes nothing but headaches and abject stupidity. I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YouGotOwned12, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Xbox 360 Security Proofs Cause Sign In Problems

Hello, I'm here to tell you what a worthless system your "Security Proofs" is and how it causes nothing but headaches and abject stupidity.

I try to sign into my account this morning on my Xbox 360 and hit my 4 button combination to sign in. It immediately presents me with a "Add Security" function. It asks me if I can receive security codes at my home phone. I say yes. It then tells me
    I need to add a new option.

Here's the fun part:

I have 1 e-mail address, 1 phone. I don't own a cellphone, I don't have a second telephone, I don't have another e-mail address. I'm not a blithering idiot that needs these things. The fun part is... I receive this prompt and message over and over and
    over and over and over and over again with no way to bypass it, fix it, or even ignore it. If I get rid of the prompt, it doesn't sign me in to Xbox Live. If I try to follow the instructions, I get stuck because there's nothing else for me to enter!

How the hell do I get rid of this absolute *** so I can sign in to Xbox live?

Please note, I don't have this *** when I try to sign in on Xbox One. Oh no, it goes through on Xbox One just fine and lets me sign in no problem. It's only on Xbox 360. So, if one console needs these extra security proofs, why doesn't the other? More
    importantly, why do I need them at all beyond "let me cite the corporate line we're giving".

Look, I'm a 10 year subscriber to Xbox Live. I'd like to be able to actually use my service without all this extra hoop jumping that has no real reason to exist. Someone freakin' help me get rid of this nonsense as I'd like to get back to playing my games.

:)

YouGotOwned12, Nov 12, 2014
  2. wont download my profile

Also if you have not set up security proofs on your account this can also cause problems.

-

Go to: account.live.com/.../manage to setup security proofs.

DigitalAssassin, Nov 12, 2014
  3. crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex xbox live download

Check your Microsoft account. If you haven't signed in lately, verified your security proofs then it can cause problems with games. Just an idea.

TweakyBaton7761, Nov 12, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there YouGotOwned12!

Sorry for any frustration this has caused! The reason why we need security proofs is to prevent your account from being compromised. It also gives you easier access to your account in the rare event that it is compromised. Honestly, the situation would be
    more frustrating for you if your account was compromised and you didn't have these proofs. You will eventually be prompted to add security proofs on your Xbox One console as well because this is account security, and not console security.

For the current issue, I recommend following the steps below!

If you run into any other problems, post back and let us know so we can help you further! Xbox 360 Security Proofs Cause Sign In Problems :)

Mister Beep, Nov 12, 2014
  5. Alright, thank you! That actually fixed my issue!

To be honest, I had no problem filling out the Security Proofs and thought it was a good idea at the time it was implemented. However, when it's implemented and designed so poorly to be asking me for more proof of myself and stopping me from logging in
    altogether without even prompting me for proof that I am me...

Well, it seems like someone didn't know how to program a security measure at all.

Maybe there's some kind of technical issue that could be solved in an update somewhere? So that I don't (and others!) don't have to have this kind of problem again? Right now, the Security Proofs thing is more of a hassle for legitimate users of Xbox Live
    than it is for hackers.

YouGotOwned12, Nov 12, 2014
  6. Mellerker600
    Mellerker600 Guest
    It best to have more then one email address for security proofs not to show up.I'm happy that my account is protected from getting hacked.

Mellerker600, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Mellerker600 Win User

It best to have more then one email address for security proofs not to show up.I'm happy that my account is protected from getting hacked.
  8. YouGotOwned12 Win User

Alright, thank you! That actually fixed my issue!

To be honest, I had no problem filling out the Security Proofs and thought it was a good idea at the time it was implemented. However, when it's implemented and designed so poorly to be asking me for more proof of myself and stopping me from logging in
    altogether without even prompting me for proof that I am me...

Well, it seems like someone didn't know how to program a security measure at all.

Maybe there's some kind of technical issue that could be solved in an update somewhere? So that I don't (and others!) don't have to have this kind of problem again? Right now, the Security Proofs thing is more of a hassle for legitimate users of Xbox Live
    than it is for hackers.
  9. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there YouGotOwned12!

Sorry for any frustration this has caused! The reason why we need security proofs is to prevent your account from being compromised. It also gives you easier access to your account in the rare event that it is compromised. Honestly, the situation would be
    more frustrating for you if your account was compromised and you didn't have these proofs. You will eventually be prompted to add security proofs on your Xbox One console as well because this is account security, and not console security.

For the current issue, I recommend following the steps below!

If you run into any other problems, post back and let us know so we can help you further! :)
  10. TweakyBaton7761 Win User

crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex xbox live download

Check your Microsoft account. If you haven't signed in lately, verified your security proofs then it can cause problems with games. Just an idea.
  11. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I get error 0x80a40008 all the time

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Security Proofs Cause Sign In Problems - Similar Threads - 360 Security Proofs

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  4. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  5. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  7. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  8. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  9. Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft xbox 360 3rd party security: Are there any licensed security apps for the xbox 360? I am okay with 3rd party I just would prefer one that Microsoft gives. I heard Microsoft has stopped security updates. Which companies sell...
  10. Reset xbox 360 console. Don't know pass code or security answer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset xbox 360 console. Don't know pass code or security answer: How to reset xbox 360 console. Don't know the pass code or security answer as I bought the console 2nd hand f7406eb7-4cd8-4333-8afc-5da9f8ea0fc9