Xbox 360 scratched disc when moved

Discus and support Xbox 360 scratched disc when moved in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 S and today it scratched my watch dogs disc. I am EXTREMELY mad because I got this two months ago and have not completed the whole... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hunterw516, Aug 1, 2014.

1. hunterw516
    hunterw516 Guest

I have an Xbox 360 S and today it scratched my watch dogs disc. I am EXTREMELY mad because I got this two months ago and have not completed the whole game. Is this normal for Xbox 360s? Is there anyway to repair it? Also, is there anyway to get a refund
    from microsoft?

:)

hunterw516, Aug 1, 2014
  2. Will my scratched Xbox 360 game work good on my Xbox one?

sorry about the dumb question I pulled out. I still got my Xbox 360 console I had for years and has problems where it will make scratches on my disc when insert and playing. I would like to know if I insert a scratched Xbox 360 disc on my Xbox one, will
    it still work? I would try it out but I don’t want to insert a scratched disc on my Xbox one.

PickedPizza952, Aug 1, 2014
  3. Consistent X
    Consistent X Guest
    Can't Read Disc and Disc Scratched

I purchased the New COD Ghost at midnight. I worked all day Tuesday and Wednesday, and partially Thursday. I go to play my game today in my free time to only find out that it won't read my disc, and I come to find out, the Disc is now scratched. Now First
    off I am exxtremely mad that the disc is scratched, I tried all of the suggestions you guys gave about how to troubleshoot. The Xbox is very old and I am in a dilemma since It is an original xbox 360. M Xbox 360 has not been moved since to create a scratch
    on the disc. Now my question is: What do I do about the scratched disc, and why won;t my xbox read the disc? I do not have a warranty. The xbox is VERY old and has never had a problem until now.

Thanks,

Alex

Consistent X, Aug 1, 2014
  4. xTye
    xTye Guest

1. Any time any sort of disc drive is moved around, it'll cause damage to the spinning disc inside. This is not the fault of the console, but rather the user I'm afraid.

2. Refund? For what? Microsoft didn't damage your disc.

xTye, Aug 1, 2014
  5. xTye Win User

1. Any time any sort of disc drive is moved around, it'll cause damage to the spinning disc inside. This is not the fault of the console, but rather the user I'm afraid.

2. Refund? For what? Microsoft didn't damage your disc.
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

Xbox 360 slim scratched disc

THIS is why you NEVER move a 360 when it is on and a disc is in the system. you can try to have the disc repaired at places that sell used cd/dvd/games using one of their disc scratch repair machines but there is no guarantee that will work next time be
    more careful about moving the system when it is turned on.
  7. smileskybird Win User

Leaving Game in console when system is off

I do it all the time.

But everyone should know NOT to move your console when playing a disc game and the console powered up. If you move the console around with a spinning game disc inside, the laser inside may scratch the disc making it unreadable. This is common for both Xbox
    360 and Xbox 1 consoles.

Microsoft sticker on my Xbox 360 slim console:

"Do not move console with disc in tray"

Microsoft sticker on my X1:

"Do not more console without first removing any disc inside".
  8. Juxtapose13 Win User

perfect circle scratch

In addition, do not move the console when it is on and a disc is in the drive, as this will scratch your discs. If after all the above it's still scratching discs, there is likely an issue with the console and you should call Xbox Support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Good luck.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Problem with disk of FARCRY4

What kind of a spot? If it is a circle scratch then that is caused when the console is moved while the disc is inside.

However, if it is a small scratch you could check to see if your local video game retailer has a disc repair station or check to see if the game is on the list for the disc replacement program. The disc replacement program costs approx. $20 per disc.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-replacement-program
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 scratched disc when moved - Similar Threads - 360 scratched disc

2. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  3. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  4. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  5. XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES S — XBOX 360 connection/profile error: Hello! I recently got an Xbox Series S and have been attempting to play Fallout: New Vegas on it via backwards compatibility, however an issue has been coming up preventing me from this. I have...
  6. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  7. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  8. Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox profile can’t sign in to xbox live on 360 games: I’ve been seeing people with this problem as well where you can’t sign into xbox live on 360 making you not be able to play anything online. Any video I find to help either requires me to delete...
  9. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...
  10. scratch on my xbox 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    scratch on my xbox 360 console.: I've got the 250 GB version of the xbox 360 E and one day when I got home, I've decided to play it because I was bored and out of the blue I noticed a scratch being on top of it. it's slightly...