Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself.

Discus and support Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been happening for 2 days now and it’s really aggravating. I have tried cleaning and wiping off the buttons. And it always happens 10-60... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustinMcbride3, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself.

This has been happening for 2 days now and it’s really aggravating. I have tried cleaning and wiping off the buttons. And it always happens 10-60 seconds after I turn on the console.

:)

JustinMcbride3, Jun 14, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Justin, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

This can be an issue with the console power flex, I can recommend you to get the console inspected in the closest repair shop.
  3. melanie brown2 Win User

Xbox presses buttons itself

hi. im mel and i am an independent advisor. it sounds like it may be a hardware issue within the console. if you speak to support via this link they will be able to go through some fixes with u and let u know whether its something that needs fixed https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us
  4. leet pwnz0r Win User

controller

Hey there,

What particular problem are you having? For instance, does the controller power on or is it only having problems connecting to the Xbox 360 console itself?

If it isn't powering on, try checking the batteries they might need to be replaced, if you are using a battery pack, or just give it a charge with a charge cable, if you are using that instead.

If you are trying to connect it to the xbox, make sure you are using the sync buttons on the controller and the Xbox 360 console. Be sure sure to press the center silver xbox guide button to power it on and then press the sync button above it on the top
    side of the controller. Right after doing so press the sync button on the Xbox 360 console. It will be on front face of the console.

Hope this helps if it isn't powering on at all it might be a hardware issue.
  5. Kiesey Win User

Question on slim fan and overheating

6. Kathy A. Win User

My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

Hello

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox 360 controller to your Xbox 360 S. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your Xbox 360 S is turned on and that the controller is within range (about 30 feet) of the console.

2. Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on. If the controller doesn't turn on, try replacing the batteries or charging the battery pack.

3. Press and hold the connect button on the front of the Xbox 360 S console until the ring around the power button starts flashing.

4. Press and hold the connect button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button starts flashing.

5. Wait for the controller and console to sync up. The Xbox button on the controller should stop flashing and stay lit, indicating that the controller is connected.

If these steps don't work, you may need to try resetting your Xbox 360 S console or replacing the controller. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S Power Button pressing by itself. - Similar Threads - 360 Power Button

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  5. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Slim not turning on but it makes eject/power button sound: Hello, I recently bought an Xbox 360 Slim from a thrift store, when I plugged it in, the power button and eject button would make a sound, but it wouldn't turn on. I've checked the USB ports, the...
  7. Xbox 360 error code E 74 power button flashes only once

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 error code E 74 power button flashes only once: Xbox 360 power button flashes only once and then I get a error E 74 07a1110f-c70f-491f-97e8-ebfcd5854bc2
  8. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...
  9. Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Blinking red on half of power button: So my xbox that I’ve had for years, but haven’t touched for like 3 years i finally got it out of storage and plugged it in and everything is set up correctly, but whenever I try to turn it on the...
  10. XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Solid Red Light on power button: When I attempt to turn on my Xbox 360 S, the green light in the middle of the power button almost immediately turns from green to red, and nothing appears on the TV screen. At first, I thought it...