Xbox 360 S not working - center dot that shows it is on is red

Discus and support Xbox 360 S not working - center dot that shows it is on is red in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm fairly new to my xbox and was wondering if anyone has any solutions to fixing whatever is causing the red center light (it isn't a red... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rayjoe1996, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Rayjoe1996
    Rayjoe1996 Guest

Hi all, I'm fairly new to my xbox and was wondering if anyone has any solutions to fixing whatever is causing the red center light (it isn't a red ring). I went through the troubleshooting with microsoft and wanted to ask here because i don't have a microsoft
    store in my state. I have disconnected everything, taken out the hard drive, tried a different outlet; and none of these have fixed the issue. I would really appreciate if anyone has a solution.

:)

Rayjoe1996, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Maverickxxx Win User

If it's a second hand console,or it has been in storage for some time, the av cable can become static and not send/receive signal to the console properly, that causes the red power button.
  3. ki77y666 Win User

Sadly what you are experiencing is the "red dot of death", just like the original xbox 360's "red ring of death" it signals that your Xbox 360 S has a hardware failure and you will either need to repair or replace your Xbox 360 S. Sorry that I don't have
    better news for you.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Rayjoe1996

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on what to do if your console is experiencing problems with those lights. I can totally understand how having your console flashing red lights could certainly be confusing. As previously posted, if the steps
    outlined in our Xbox 360 Flashing Lights Solution do not help, it could very well be that your console is experiencing a hardware problem and
    needs to be replaced.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks!
  5. {Parity} Win User

That is typically a hardware failure and the console will have to be repaired/replaced.
  6. EOG Rebel Win User

Xbox 360 Slim freezing on initial start screen

Did your Xbox show a red dot? What did it show when it showed the red dot you're talking about?
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 S not working - center dot that shows it is on is red - Similar Threads - 360 working center

2. Xbox 360 controller not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller not working: I'm using the Xbox 360 controller with the Play & Charge Kit, plugged in via a USB 2.0 port. However, despite showing up in Device Manager, nothing happens if I press the logo or try to use it...
  3. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  4. Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.: So, I'm trying to play an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one like I've done so many times before, but it won't let me connect to the Internet, I tried following a closed thread on how to fix it by...
  5. Xbox 360 live not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 live not working?: I've been trying to play black ops 2 online but my it always says that I need to test my internet connection, which is already good. What do I do? 0ccd3d4a-e459-41eb-ab9b-27853325cad0
  6. Trust predator steering wheel not working on xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trust predator steering wheel not working on xbox 360: Hi, i have an xbox 360 and an trust predator gm3100r and i try to conect my wheel to the xbox and it does not work, it shows power light on the wheel but it still does not work the game ive tried...
  7. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  8. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...
  9. my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sonic unleashed game on the xbox 360(brand new btw) isnt working, it only says, play...: It either has a laser burn, or something is wrong with the laser e05ab3d3-7d05-4022-a070-f96b3cbb9a3e
  10. Can't get Windows Media center to work on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get Windows Media center to work on my Xbox 360: Can't get Windows Media player center to work on Xbox 360 6b53c269-c977-49ac-8304-2b8eee8e36bb