Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff

Discus and support Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any update for this error code? I have just recently rented a movie through my Xbox 360 and I can't watch it. I just get this error code.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillMorris2, Nov 11, 2019.

1. WillMorris2
    WillMorris2 Guest

Is there any update for this error code? I have just recently rented a movie through my Xbox 360 and I can't watch it. I just get this error code.

Please advise.

Thanks

:)

WillMorris2, Nov 11, 2019
  2. TurboChickenMan Win User

3. TurboChickenMan Win User

I'm not sure if Microsoft did something on their end (it didn't do this after cache clearing and multiple restarts yesterday, so maybe?), but when I turned on my 360 this morning, it downloaded two system updates. And the movie works now.
  4. WillMorris2 Win User

So I unplugged the s-video connection and tried the HDMI cable I didn't even get a signal on the TV, I plugged the s-video back in and voila the movie played. No idea how that would fix the error.
  5. TurboChickenMan Win User

I tried playing the movie again this morning, and it worked. No further updates were downloaded.

However, the fact that this error has occurred two rentals in a row, and has required a wait of a day each time, has made me afraid of making future rentals. I would like an assurance that this has been or will be resolved. Otherwise, I'll be switching over
    to my Amazon Fire TV for movie rentals.
  6. TurboChickenMan Win User

Well, the error is back again with a different movie I just rented (Tough Guy, SD stream). I tried forcing a redownload of the system update with "X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X" - didn't help. Note that this only triggered one download, not two.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 playback error c101a3ff - Similar Threads - 360 playback error

2. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  3. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  4. Xbox 360 mixed media disk playback!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 mixed media disk playback!: I am trying to play a mixed media disk on my xbox 360 console in 2020. But when I insert the disk into the disk drive, nothing will show! Instead "Open disk tray" is displayed on screen where...
  5. Movie Playback Freezes Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Movie Playback Freezes Xbox 360: Hello all. Recently, I have been dealing with an annoyance with playing movies from the Microsoft Video store on my Xbox 360. During playback of any downloaded movie while offline, the video...
  6. Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360: Hi Support FYI - For the past week we have been having consistent playback failure both on VOD and Live playback every 10 minutes (exactly 10 mins) using the Sky App on a Xbox 360. Goes to...
  7. Xbox 360 video - RANDOM PLAYBACK?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 video - RANDOM PLAYBACK?: Is there any way to play multiple videos randomly? I have a great collection of music videos from the 80's (I WANT MY MTV!!!!) and I want to play them using a shuffler function. But I can't...
  8. DVD Playback - XBox 360 S - Playback controls (overlay) won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    DVD Playback - XBox 360 S - Playback controls (overlay) won't go away: I need help. I'm trying to play rented DVD movie on my XBox 360 S. The movie plays just fine and I can skip the chapters etc. However there is a DVD Controls overlay bar that sits across the...
  9. No sound on 360 dvd playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on 360 dvd playback: All was working fine last time I used my consoles. Now on two 360 consoles, using two TVs and trying a number of HDMI cables I have lost playback audio on the dvd player. First I had no sound at...
  10. Xbox 360 video playback

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 video playback: Hi all, I am having issues with video playback on my xbox, no matter what video I watch even off the xbox video store, every now and again I get visual jitter I would say its every 30 seconds, the...