Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

Discus and support Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BWORTH214, May 23, 2016.

1. BWORTH214
    BWORTH214 Guest

I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different one and it doesn't work the Xbox turns on fine it's the controller
    that does nothing when I push the middle button on the controller it spins a green circle around and goes off so I have no clue why my controller is not charging.

:)

BWORTH214, May 23, 2016
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Xbox 360 controller and PC

Hello,

Sorry the Xbox 360 Wireless controller won't work with the play and charge kit wire if that's what you're trying to use. The play and charge wire is only used for charging not for sending data back and forth.

If you wish to use the wireless Xbox 360 controller with the PC you'll need to get a wireless receiver like the one
    shown here. You'd honestly be better off getting a Xbox
    360 wired controller and just plug that right in with USB.

HassanB, May 23, 2016
  3. sc_shark
    sc_shark Guest
    Are all Xbox One Controllers going to be Wireless?

Agree with this one. Microsoft touched on a .3milla sec iirc latency with wireless. That's probably on full charge and new battery's. I know my 360 controller (USB charged) works much better plugged in USB. I think my battery/pack is shot. If not plugged in it drains power quick. If I am on Netflix or an app I tend to use smart glass thru my iphone

sc_shark, May 23, 2016
  4. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

It sounds like the wire/cord has gone bad. You may have put a kink in it or perhaps pinched it with something. I think you'll have to look for a replacement.

HyruleBalverine, May 23, 2016
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Controller USB Incompatibility with PC

Hi,

To use an Xbox 360 controller on its own on a PC, it must a wired controller. It does not matter if the USB port is 3.0, USB 2.0 devices will work on USB 3.0 ports.
    The Xbox 360 Play and Charge can not send controller data back to the PC. It will only charge the battery, or power the controller if no battery is present. A play and charge for 360 controllers is a charger, nothing
    more.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. To use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on a PC, you'll need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only the Wireless Xbox One controllers can be made wired with the correct Micro USB sync and charge type cable.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Trouble with my Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on my PC

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controller won't work with the play and charge kit on it's own on a PC. The Controller always remains wireless, it can't be changed to a wired controller. To use a 360 wireless controller you'll need an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver.
    Microsoft no longer make these, but it is possible to buy a third party receiver, although installing them can be troublesome.

The Play and charge can be used with the PC, but only to charge the controller. The driver is only designed to automatically sync the controller to the Gaming receiver.

Only the Xbox One controller can be turned into a wired controller with an Xbox One Play and Charge, or a standard USB to Micro USB cable.
  7. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not working in windows 10?

With the Xbox 360 controller, it only sent data wirelessly. The charging cable was only used to charge rechargeable batteries on the controller, and does not send data over the wire for the controller. You would need the Xbox 360 wireless controller
    adapter (usb dongle) to connect. If the 360 controller was wired natively then that would work, but the default controllers only worked wirelessly.
  8. SatNiteEduardo Win User

Xbox One

On the Xbox 360 a wired controller was wired and a wireless controller was always wireless even when using a play and charge cable. On the Xbox One if you hook up a controller using a mini usb to usb cable it becomes a wired controller. So take out the batteries,
    use a mini usb to usb cable and voila. This has been confirmed by MS. I wil ltry to find the link.
  9. Spazpol Win User

Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

The above are correct, the only way to connect a wireless controller is through the 360 wireless USB adapter, otherwise you would have to use a wired Xbox 360 controller. That will also connect without the wireless. The play and charge will not all ow
    the USB connection.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller - Similar Threads - 360 Play Charge

2. I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've bought r2d2 xbox 360 but it plays standard xbox sounds: I bought secondhand xbox 360 r2d2 special edition console but the startup and eject sounds are the standard xbox sounds it has the blue light round the power button so I don't think it's been...
  3. Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to play music via phone on my Xbox 360: So I saw that a media player was present and I knew in the past we could hook our mp3 players to our 360 to play music so I tried with my phone and got error code 03-800705b4 anyone know this...
  4. Can a xbox 360 be used to play team deathmatch online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a xbox 360 be used to play team deathmatch online?: I have an old 360 that still works and haven't played online in years. I was wondering if there are still team deathmatch games available online to play. de296b58-4956-4808-849f-29b41d540441
  5. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  6. Trying to play Scarface nd midnight club dub edition on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to play Scarface nd midnight club dub edition on Xbox 360: Scarface and midnight club dub edition on the Xbox 360 I need updates to play on 444ee33c-4670-403c-9746-18019327ddbf
  7. On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360 I have a lot of downloaded games that my Xbox makes me sign in to live to play....: I have had a couple of Xbox 360s throughout the year so I don't have the console I purchased some of my titles with. I am still on the same account so I dont see why, but it always makes me sign...
  8. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  9. Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Play And Charge Kit USB C - Compatible with Xbox 360? Edit, not.: Hey, I know this is a long shot, but there any chance of this being compatible with the Xbox 360? https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit My gut instinct...
  10. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...