Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

Discus and support Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought a wireless receiver and my laptop says it needs its drivers updated, unfortunately i have not found anything remotely close to what i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Trithinity, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Trithinity
    Trithinity Guest

I recently bought a wireless receiver and my laptop says it needs its drivers updated, unfortunately i have not found anything remotely close to what i am looking for, if anyone could help me with my little problem it would be much obliged.

:)

Trithinity, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Mr MB Nobody
    Mr MB Nobody Guest
    Mr MB Nobody, Oct 16, 2018
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.

maxen, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Xbox 360 PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

ChrisCalvin71, Oct 16, 2018
  5. Trithinity
    Trithinity Guest
    This does not help my problem, the receiver works fine (at least id assume considering it has the green light and my controller supposedly connects to it) and the page linked only helps if the receiver is to fail, my laptop is the one missing a step. when
    i plugged it in it never gave any hint to starting a driver download nor did it actually do anything.

Trithinity, Oct 16, 2018
  6. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Trithinity,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend making sure
    Windows 10 is up to date
    while having the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver plugged in to the laptop. Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Oct 18, 2018
  7. Trithinity
    Trithinity Guest
    after multiple talks with Microsoft support, various searching and questionable tactics i the previous drivers and used it as the main driver. now it works fine with no issues. this site is the location for the driver download and i hope this can help others
    if they may have the same problems. thank you everyone who tried to help.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows | Device downloads | Microsoft Accessories

Trithinity, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: