Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light

Discus and support Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sorry I originally put this in the Ireland topic but I don't think it will get answered there. I gave my brother my original white xbox 360 a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by quinnd6, Jul 22, 2017.

1. quinnd6
    quinnd6 Guest

Sorry I originally put this in the Ireland topic but I don't think it will get answered there.

I gave my brother my original white xbox 360 a couple of years ago as I

bought a slim and wanted to see my old 360 being used rather than broke

in a box.

I actually had it repaired before I gave it to him.

Anyway he hardly used it at all since just watched a couple of films on it,

Now that he is trying to get into gaming on it, it won't fricking work and has this problem.

When I plug in the xbox 360 the power brick light is orange and as soon

as I press the power button on the xbox 360 the power brick light turns

red.

It's a xenon/xephyr model with a big 16.5 amp power brick.

I wonder if I unscrewed all the screws from the power brick and tried to clean it out would that help?

Would it be dangerous?

Could I end up electrocuting myself or is it safe?

Has anyone ever tried this?

Does it work?

Could it be the console instead of the power brick that's at fault?

The white xbox 360 original was a major pain in the ass, you didn't even have to use the thing for it to go balls on you.

:)

quinnd6, Jul 22, 2017
  2. quinnd6
    quinnd6 Guest

I gave my brother my original white xbox 360 a couple of years ago as I

bought a slim and wanted to see my old 360 being used rather than broke

in a box.

I actually had it repaired before I gave it to him.

Anyway he hardly used it at all since just watched a couple of films on it,

Now that he is trying to get into gaming on it, it won't fricking work and has this problem.

When I plug in the xbox 360 the power brick light is orange and as soon

as I press the power button on the xbox 360 the power brick light turns

red.

It's a xenon/xephyr model with a big 16.5 amp power brick.

I wonder if I unscrewed all the screws from the power brick and tried to clean it out would that help?

Would it be dangerous?

Could I end up electrocuting myself or is it safe?

Has anyone ever tried this?

Does it work?

Could it be the console instead of the power brick that's at fault?

The white xbox 360 original was a major pain in the ass, you didn't even have to use the thing for it to go balls on you.

quinnd6, Jul 22, 2017
  3. Coulter41
    Coulter41 Guest
    Power Brick

ok my original power brick had a red light but when i put in another power brick that one shows up red also what does this mean? is it my xbox instead?

Coulter41, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light

A red light most likely indicates that the power supply is defective.

There are some steps to try by
    reading this support article
    , but I don't think Microsoft replaces original Xbox 360 power supplies anymore. The support forum does not provide guidance on self-repair of Xbox hardware, and it is not recommended. The capacitors inside can definitely shock
    you, especially when unplugged from the mains.

Your best bet would be to find a replacement power unit somewhere online. Xenon/Zephyr models (released from 2005) use a 203W (12V, 16.5A) power supply. There were several original Xbox 360 revisions, each with a

differently notched power connector
    , so be careful with finding the correct one.

Internet Expert, Jul 22, 2017
  5. Internet Expert Win User

A red light most likely indicates that the power supply is defective.

There are some steps to try by
    reading this support article
    , but I don't think Microsoft replaces original Xbox 360 power supplies anymore. The support forum does not provide guidance on self-repair of Xbox hardware, and it is not recommended. The capacitors inside can definitely shock
    you, especially when unplugged from the mains.

Your best bet would be to find a replacement power unit somewhere online. Xenon/Zephyr models (released from 2005) use a 203W (12V, 16.5A) power supply. There were several original Xbox 360 revisions, each with a

differently notched power connector
    , so be careful with finding the correct one.
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

XBOX 360 Original

Actually yes you can. As the Jasper (the third and last version of the original 360) was a much lower power consumption than the previous two versions, it can be powered by any one of the three types of Xbox 360 power bricks.

The second version was the Falcon and the first was the Xenon.

Earlier versions of the 360 will not work with the later 360 power brick as they draw too much current.

PSU - power supply unit

A Jasper 12.1A PSU will power a Jasper only

A Falcon 14.2A PSU will power Jasper and Falcon

A Xenon 16.5A PSU will power Jasper, Falcon and Xenon
  7. ChiefJoboo Win User

HELLO my xbox 360 to a problem of red light remains lit in fixed. Help

8. Dirty Loco Win User

12 volt 16.5 amp power supply with a 12 volt 12.1 amp console.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]Original XBOX 360 console power supplies and original 360 power input ports are also keyed to prevent incorrect insertion. You cannot physically connect incompatible power supplies and consoles. A 203w Xenon console power brick
    will attach to a Jasper console. A 150w Jasper power brick will not attach to a Xenon console.

[/quote]

OP, here is the configuration

[​IMG]
  9. IceStorm III Win User

12 volt 16.5 amp power supply with a 12 volt 12.1 amp console.

[quote user="Dragonball Z"]I am under the assumption that this combination would supply the xbox with too much power and be potentially harmful to the system?[/quote]That's unfortunate, though it's good that you asked.
    Is this correct?
    No, this
    is incorrect.

The power rating on a power supply is an indication of how much power it can supply, not an indication of how much power it will deliver.

Original XBOX 360 console power supplies are forward-compatible. The original 203w power supply can power the final generation of Jasper consoles.

Original XBOX 360 console power supplies and original 360 power input ports are also keyed to prevent incorrect insertion. You cannot physically connect incompatible power supplies and consoles. A 203w Xenon console power brick will attach to a Jasper console.
    A 150w Jasper power brick will not attach to a Xenon console.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 original white xenon Power Brick red light - Similar Threads - 360 original white

2. Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Start making the original 360 controllers for next gen consoles: I’d like to say just for memories I had with the 360 since it’s getting shut down so why not make a 360 controller for people to use submitted by /u/Imaginary-Ease8041 [link] [comments]
  3. I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought an original Xbox game to play on my Xbox 360, and for some reason, it doesn’t...: It was tested on an original Xbox and it worked. I downloaded the most recent update, and even still, it will not work. I have checked, and it is on the list of those that SHOULD be compatible. It...
  4. star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    star wars battlefront 2 original won't work on my 360: i know the Xbox360 systems are getting old but this use to work on my last Xbox360. Same game disk, attempting to run on replacement console with original Hdd from my first console, attempting to...
  5. Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to get the original Gauntlet game re-listed on Xbox 360, One, Series x ls???: Is there any way of getting the original arcade Gauntlet re-listed on Xbox 360, One, or Series XlS? Or any other delisted XBLA games? 149aba9c-2f79-4864-9482-788d210ae3f5
  6. Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. It's a Xbox 360 game: I was just wondering if I can play the disc version of Batman Arkham Origins. I have found it on the Xbox website but I don't know if I'll be able to play it. Thank you I actually miss playing...
  7. Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original Xbox game won’t play on Xbox 360: I recently got Spiderman 2 (2004 game) for Xbox original for my son who is a huge Spiderman fan as he wants to play all the old games. Last night it was playing just fine on our 360 and today it...
  8. [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox 360] Some Xbox Original Games not available in download list on Xbox 360: About a year ago I purchased multiple original Xbox games that were made backwards compatible. My understanding was when these were purchased not only were they playable on Xbox One/Series...
  9. Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??

in XboX Insiders
    Unreleashed Xbox original games on Xbox 360 backwards compatible list??: I don't understand why is Samurai Jack The Shadow of Aku and He-Man Defender of Grayskull on the Xbox 360 backwards compatible when they in fact never even releashed on the xbox original in the...
  10. Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play original xbox version scarface on an xbox 360: So this game is backwards compatible on a 360 however when I try to play it it brings up a game error telling me the game couldn't start and to try downloading the game again, I am unsure as to...