Xbox 360 not reading video media

Discus and support Xbox 360 not reading video media in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So, i download a lot of videos to watch on my tv. However, with a laptop through hdmi it streches the video. I think of using my xbox, however when i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by display name566563, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Xbox 360 not reading video media

So, i download a lot of videos to watch on my tv. However, with a laptop through hdmi it streches the video. I think of using my xbox, however when i plug it in, it recognizes it but it only shows videos that are in folders in folders. EG : video is a:\folder\folder2\video.mp4 then it shows. However if its in just 1 folder, it doesnt show. EG : video is in a:\folder\video.mp4. I have partitioned my external hard drive so its partly fat32. The xbox shows and recognizes the fat32 partition, and i do have optional media update installed. My drive should be compatible with xbox 360, as it is fat32 and it shows up. images to show what happens
    Xbox 360 not reading video media [​IMG]

Xbox 360 not reading video media [​IMG]

:)

display name566563, Jul 29, 2022
  2. BOMERAN9 Win User

Songs not showing in system player.

3. display name566563 Win User

The folder trick didnt work, and i think that the file format/codec is wrong. I'd rather not format the whole drive as it has important data over 4gb in size and i dont have enough storage on my pc nor do i have enough storage on a different drive to copy the contents.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I was double checking this using my brother's Xbox 360.

And actually I was able to see videos pasted in the root of the drive (without copying each one to a folder)

I think that this can be something related to the partition thing

May I know if you tried power cycling your console, clearing console cache or even factory resetting it to isolate a bit more the issue?

About the format/codec, Xbox 360 is capable to play mp4 files
  5. display name566563 Win User

So, i converted it to mp4 and it showed. Any suggestions for converting programs except vlc? because in vlc you cant choose a directory to put converted files if your converting multiple files.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Display

May I know if you tried using a USB drive completely formatted as FAT32? Without the splitter partition

If you tried creating a folder called "video" or "videos" and put all your mp4 files

Are you able to see them correctly?

Waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 not reading video media - Similar Threads - 360 reading video

2. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...: My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs. bddf303c-080c-427b-936c-bff465775784
  3. Xbox 360 not reading discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not reading discs: I decided to play Lego Marvel Super Heroes on my older Xbox 360 as I used to play it with my son years ago, but I keep getting the message "disc unreadable" despite it having no scratches at all....
  4. Read read redemption 360 version achievements cover art in Japanese

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Read read redemption 360 version achievements cover art in Japanese: [img] So I’ve recently purchased the red dead redemption (2010) on Xbox series X its the 360 version. Everything is working normally but when I go to achievements to look at the achievements, the...
  5. I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I...: I'm trying to start up a Xbox 360 and the message reads "System Update Stopped ", and I haven't done anything except turn on the console. What can I do to gtop this?...
  6. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  7. Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox not reading Xbox one games but is reading Xbox 360 games and DVDs just fine?: So I have an older Xbox when it comes to it so it can bug out every so often but this is kinda ridiculous it won't read any of my Xbox one games when I try to load them up it tells me their either...
  8. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?: So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to...
  9. Why will my Xbox one only read Xbox 360 games and not Xbox one games

in XBoX on Windows
    Why will my Xbox one only read Xbox 360 games and not Xbox one games: My Xbox one will only read Xbox 360 games accd4dc8-cac8-424c-8169-3aef0bad7c92
  10. Hi. I have an Xbox 360 white console. It doesn't read discs. I tried fixes but no luck. I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi. I have an Xbox 360 white console. It doesn't read discs. I tried fixes but no luck. I...: Hi. My Xbox 360 doesn't read discs. I tried fixes but no luck. We cannot afford another console. My kid loves kinect sports 1 but cannot play the game disc. Any help pls....