Xbox 360 not reading discs

Discus and support Xbox 360 not reading discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I decided to play Lego Marvel Super Heroes on my older Xbox 360 as I used to play it with my son years ago, but I keep getting the message "disc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redstag, Dec 6, 2023.

1. redstag
    redstag Guest

I decided to play Lego Marvel Super Heroes on my older Xbox 360 as I used to play it with my son years ago, but I keep getting the message "disc unreadable" despite it having no scratches at all. I've cleaned it with a soft microfibre cloth but it makes no difference. Do I need to update the software, and if so, what is the exact link I should use as I'm a pensioner and not a techie. I've not used the xbox for several years. TIA

:)

redstag, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Miss Ermine Win User

Games suddenly stop working

3. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't install red dead redemption 1

Hi,

Do other BC Xbox 360 game discs work on your Xbox One? For the Xbox One to recognise the game and download it from Live it must:

• Be able to read the disc. Check if the disc is dirty or damaged
    • Have a working Optical drive capable of reading Xbox 360 discs. Try other BC discs or test a DVD movie.

The Xbox One has two diodes for reading discs in the optical Blu-ray Drive. A red laser is used to read Xbox 360 and DVD movies and a blue laser to read Xbox One games and Blu-ray movies. If the diode for reading DVD's is faulty, BC Xbox 360 discs won't
    work.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

HELP ME PLEASE! XBOX ONE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY NOT WORKING AT ALL?!?!?!!?!?!?

Hi,

It's not the discs it's your console. If your console can not read DVD movies then it won't read Xbox 360 games either. DVD movie discs use the same type of discs that 360 games use (DVD-9).

The Xbox One has two lasers to read discs. One for Blu-rays - which Xbox One discs games are made of - and one for reading DVD's and Xbox 360 games.
  5. Miss Ermine Win User

my xbox wont read my disk

6. Miss Ermine Win User

Disc unreadable

Thema:

1. Xbox 360 not reading discs - Similar Threads - 360 reading discs

2. My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then...: My Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. When I put a disc in, it just says reading and then it’ll go back to open tray. I have tried numerous different discs. bddf303c-080c-427b-936c-bff465775784
  3. Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my xbox 360 read my game it keeps popping up: error can't read disc and...: I've tried cleaning the disc and the xbox and reseting it multiple times and it doesn't work,the disc isn't in the worst condition a little scratched but it's ok and nothing I do seems to work I...
  4. Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 starts reading disc then says open tray , why can't the 360 read disc?: My Xbox 360 when I load disc it starts reading then says open tray, why won't the 360 read any disc? e28561b2-8542-43d3-8a7e-44455af5b8bd
  5. My Xbox one won’t read my Xbox 360 disc

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one won’t read my Xbox 360 disc: It works when I put Xbox one disc but it won’t work when I put Xbox 360 disc nothing shows up in the screen its a blacks ops 2 game I inserted nothing shows up same goes with black ops 1 disc...
  6. Xbox won't read 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't read 360 disc: So me and my friend have been trying for hours to get Left 4 Dead 2 downloaded on his xbox. We've tried every method and it won't read the disc. We put in a different 360 game in and that...
  7. 360 disc drive wont read games

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive wont read games: The 36 console start to have issue that effect gaming experience. I looked into the 360 and I wasn’t the only one. I learned that the 360 had the infamous red ring and was very faults machine. A...
  8. XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX 360 Disc Drive Won't Read Discs: My brother and I were given an XBOX 360 for Christmas about 4 years ago. Its the original console. I think it was bought refurbished. About a year after playing on it, we bought the Minecraft disc...
  9. Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one can't read xbox 360 disc: Suddenly my xbox one stopped to read xbox 360 disc. When i insert the 360 disc it start to spin for 1second and it stop like there's no power to spin the heavy disc but when i insert xbox one disc...
  10. xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013: Good Day My xbox 360 original wants a system update but it doesn't read the disc and usb when trying to update. 87e5d444-0ac9-4bd8-a3e8-4b8e7e531853