Xbox 360 no storage device found

Discus and support Xbox 360 no storage device found in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello there! I accidentally formatted my Xbox 360 HDD and now, the xbox 360 is no longer recognize it. I already tried hddhackr but it doesn't work. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CsabaKálmán, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Xbox 360 no storage device found

Hello there! I accidentally formatted my Xbox 360 HDD and now, the xbox 360 is no longer recognize it. I already tried hddhackr but it doesn't work. It seems that i have erased the security sectors from the hdd. I tried downloading security sectors and flashing with hddhackr, but nothing. How to make this work? I don't want to buy a new one.

Regards, Csaba

:)

CsabaKálmán, Aug 8, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Csaba! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Unfortunately, I am not sure you are going to be able to get this working if you have erased the security sector of the drive which is what makes it a genuine Xbox 360 drive. The security sector is signed I believe by MS private key which is why its not easily reproduce, if at all.

As Xbox dont service the 360 any more, you won't be able to send it to them.

I would suggest speaking to Xbox Support to see if they are able to give you a way to write the data for the security sector.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. onyxishere Win User

xbox 360 storage device not found

Sorry to hear it. If you just recently had an update then it sounds as though you may be in the 360 preview program. If this is the case you should post to the preview forums. forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Also, because you purchased your console from a second hand website you don't know what kind of issues or exactly how old the console was when you purchased it. The issues you described could have been ongoing from the previous user.
  4. ngocphi Win User

When you say format did you d o something you.weremt supposed.to?

Like take.it.out of your xbox .and put it.into.a pc?

Ya it's.no.longer.isable

They weren't designed to.be read by a pc

You will.have.to. Buy a new drive.if.the elite.or.older.or.if the.internal like s or.e series then you have to buy a drive .bay

You.can erase thrive.by factory reset your console.on the xbox

This only deletes and clear.the data

Pc format erases.the security and os partitions and they can't be restored

You only format non xbox drives on pcs
  5. Bab Rob Win User

Invalid gamertag: Black Ops 1

I found another way:

In your xbox:

System

-> Manage storage devices

-> Erasing Xbox 360 local storage
  6. FlawlessKonsole Win User

No storage device found...

you need tohave a usb for xbox specificaly made.
Thema:

1. Xbox 360 no storage device found - Similar Threads - 360 storage device

2. Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot enable cloud storage on an Xbox 360 jasper, even though I have enough storage: When enabling cloud storage I get this error , “console needs either a hard drive or console memory with 514mb available”. I have over 70gb of storage free though...
  3. i need help with my xbox 360 cloud storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need help with my xbox 360 cloud storage: So im trying to enable cloud storage on my xbox 360 to transfer my Skate 3 save file to my xbox one x but it wont let me enable it. it just says that i have to have atleast 514 mb of free space on...
  4. I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Xbox 360 S with Kinect special edition with 250gb storage.: Some days back my console run a E68 error and I found out that my hdd is dead I have one simple question Can i use my usb drive as my primary storage without the internal hdd( will it work as...
  5. I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download games or access cloud storage on my Xbox 360.: I'm having some download issues with the Xbox 360. I am on wireless internet connection, and my wireless is perfectly fine but the console is only reading the download speed at 0.01 Mbps, when my...
  6. Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to transfer games/DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One via Cloud Storage: I recently used a couple of gift cards to buy some DLC for Borderlands. As far as I know, although the original Borderlands is backward compatible with Xbox One, the DLC is not which is why there...
  7. I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play xbox 360 games on my xbox after clearing my local xbox 360 storage: For a while I haven't been able to sign into xbox live whilst playing my xbox 360 games. I decided to clear my local 360 storage which made the problem worse. Now whenever I load into an xbox 360...
  8. Xbox series X backwards compatibility 360 cloud storage over limit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X backwards compatibility 360 cloud storage over limit: Have encountered this issue with some 360 BC games that require you to manually select the cloud instead of auto syncing when signing in, where when you select cloud it says its over the limit and...
  9. Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Okay so I have having problems playing 360 games on the series x I had clear my 360 storage...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** a54e11ff-4d21-4e26-805c-1de26eaf67d9
  10. I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    I deleted my Xbox 360 local storage on my Series S Can’t download profile: Every time I try to play a Xbox 360 game and download my profile it says cannot connect to Xbox live. It was just working before I cleared Xbox 360 local storage. Please someone help...