Xbox 360 Multiplayer issues after playing on the XB1?

Discus and support Xbox 360 Multiplayer issues after playing on the XB1? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hope I'm posting this in the right place.... So I've got both a 360 and Xbox One. I recently played Black Ops 1 and 2 and for some reason I'm the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by katkill1, Jan 10, 2014.

1. katkill1
    katkill1 Guest

Hope I'm posting this in the right place....

So I've got both a 360 and Xbox One. I recently played Black Ops 1 and 2 and for some reason I'm the only one of the friends I played with that had issues joining the game lobbies when trying to play together and none of my friends were able to join me.
    I was eventually able to join, but it was far more work than it needed to be. I never used to have this issue in the past (pre-XB1) and I am the only one of the other five people involved that has an XB1. My 360 is in a DMZ, so it's not NAT related. My
    other 5 friends have been playing Black Ops 1 and 2 for the past week without issues. I hadn't even turned on my XB1 that day and I always keep my XB1 in off mode, not the quick start mode.

I'm trying to find out if anyone else is having this problem, and if they are know something about why this is happening and if I should expect this to continue, or if there is a fix somehow.

I've also noticed that when I've been playing on the XB1 and then turn it off (really off, not quick start mode) and then turn on my 360, I can't join someone's XBL party. Says there are network difficulties.

:)

katkill1, Jan 10, 2014
  2. How was I using xbox gold on my free account?

I went to go play cod ghosts on my xbox 360, I tried to use my old account on multiplayer but was out of xbox live, so I used my xbox one gamertag on the 360 instead that does have a gold subscription. After a couple of games or so I went back onto the original
    360 gamertag because i really wanted to use my old account with max prestige instead of starting off at square one.

I tried multiplayer on the original account that had no gold and it worked. I was using that account for a day playing multiplayer. I just tried playing multiplayer now and it says that I do not have a subscription which I never had one when I was playing
    online yesterday.

i was looking up how to share gold with another account but google only says that you can share gold on xbox one.

any ideas?????

S KlarkKent S, Jan 10, 2014
  3. ReAnimateHer
    ReAnimateHer Guest
    PvZ Garden Warfare very laggy

Hello few days ago I downloaded PvZ Garden Warfare on my Xbox 360. When I connect to Multiplayer or Garden Ops I rubberband badly when playing. I turned off my

360 restarted it, unplugged router and modem waited and re plugged tried out game and still have sever issues with playing the game. I even checked my live connection twice and all is good. Do we know if EA servers are having issues I know from experience
    they usually do.

Console: Xbox 360

Internet: Wireless

Game: Digital Download

Trouble shooting: Cycled down 360, restarted modem, router and checked xbox live.

ReAnimateHer, Jan 10, 2014
  4. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

[quote user="Katkill1"] I never used to have this issue in the past (pre-XB1) and I am the only one of the other five people involved that has an XB1. My 360 is in a DMZ, so it's not NAT related.[/quote]

It depends on how your router handles port forwarding against DMZ. Both the Xbox One and the 360 use the same ports for Xbox Live (the One a few more). So if you used the Xbox One, it might be possible that the router sees the One as an active device, and
    the DMZed 360 as not active, and via UPnP opens the port for the One.

After you finished gaming, the router doesn't detect the One signing off, and keeps the ports open for a while longer. Menawhile the 360 starts up, but can't get open ports, as the router priorizes the "specific" ports for the One over the "generally all ports"
    for the DMZ device.

Just for troubleshooting purposes: After you played on your Xbox One, turn it off completely (orange LED on the power adapter), reboot your router, and see if the Xbox 360 is now working without problems.

If you still have trouble, it would help if you told us your ISP. Maybe that way we can see if your ISP uses carrier grade NAT or DS-Lite to get you online, which could also lead to that behaviour you describe.

Arminator, Jan 10, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: